stalling problem

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
wcb04

stalling problem

Post by wcb04 »

I recently purchased a 88 fzr400...and proceeded to change the pipes clean and re-jet the carbs, the settings are air/fuel mix 2 1/2 turns out, needle jet at center position , main is a stock 87.5 and the floats are set properly. I can get the bike to run great on the stand but as soon as the bike gets rolling and the revs drop below 4000 the engine will die. The fuel tank has been replaced when I found rust in the gas and I have opened the fuel pump and cleaned it but I can't confirm that the stop valve is working properly. the igniter box is suspect but I'm really at a loss as which way to check all these items. <p></p><i></i>

flyingcircus68
Veteran Poster

Re: stalling problem

Post by flyingcircus68 »

I think that you need to feed us a little more info before anyone can venture a guess as to what your problem is. <br><br>Am I to understand that when your bike starts stalling under 4k,while riding, you could put it on the side stand and it will idle just fine? <p></p><i></i>