FZR 1000 '88 bike in workshop. Need help fast!!!

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
Akira
New Poster

FZR 1000 '88 bike in workshop. Need help fast!!!

Post by Akira »

I need help guys!<br>I’m now doing the routine spring maintenance on my ’88 FZR 1000. <br>I decided to do a carbs cleaning and synchronization, so I took the bike to a repair shop. I had no problems with it before the winter and even now I rode a whole week and it was ok.<br>After the carbs cleaning the bikes runs very poorly above 4000rpm, like it needs more fuel. It does go to the 11 000rpm, but not cleanly. The mechanic played with it for 2 days and finally said that the problem is that I have some unknown jets 48 & 52 size, when it should by 92 by Yamaha’s manual. Is this true because the bike used to run fine before he touched it? I need to know before I spend cash on jets and needles. <br>His exact words were: the air jets (needles?) were too clogged so it ran rich, now they’re clean and this is why it runs this way. Is this believable? <br> <p></p><i></i>

ChuckD
Veteran Poster

Re: FZR 1000 '88 bike in workshop. Need help fast!!!

Post by ChuckD »

Sonds a bit true, but it could also be caused by fuel level getting messed with when they cleaned them. If the tangs on the floats were bent, it would cause problems similar effects. Also, was fuel filter changed, sometimes it's easy to put it on backwards, and I would check stock jets sizes @ <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.yamaha-motor.com/">www.yamah ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>In parts you'll find daigrams.<br>I hope that this helps somewhat, but being a mech, I know that some things do just "come up", by coincidence only. If you trust your mech, I would let him know that if his recomendation doesn't work, will he pay for the parts you order in waste. This will motivate him to either say yes, take a closser look and re-dignose, or he may tell you to go to hell. The cjhoice is now yours. Good Luck<br>CHUCK D. <p></p><i></i>