oil light prob. stays on after 6K rpm and goes out at 10K

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
kazzbikes
New Poster

oil light prob. stays on after 6K rpm and goes out at 10K

Post by kazzbikes »

Here is the bikes specs. <br>Yzf 750 with a 91 FZR 1000 motor, six speed trans<br>-I used the 750 oil filter assembly(spin-on filter) with the oil cooler right there. <br>-Now I am using a 750 oil pump with the 750 oil pan to get rid of the oil cooler from the 1000cc motor (external piping with the air to oil cooler). Everything is working great besides the oil light comes on around 6000rpm but goes off again at the higher rpm.<br><br><br>Is the oil light indicating low level or low pressure. I always thought is was a level indicator.<br>When the light comes on I can shake the handle bars and it goes intermitent and flickers with the shakes. I think it is just a loose connection but was wondering if I have to use the 1000 pressure relief valve with the 1000 motor or if the 1000 and 750 are the same... (750 oil pump).<br><br>I was going to put another 750 oil pan on it that is off the 750 I was running with everything for it, I know it works good.<br><br>I don't want to go through all the work, removing pipe and draining oil, etc... if it won't fix the problem.<br><br>Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before and can share some light on the situation...<br><br>OH ya, it does have the right amount of oil in it. One other thing I noticed is that the 1000 motor seemed to be a little sensitive to low oil levels and the light would come on if it wasn't topped up to the right amount, my 750 was never like that, oil light hardly ever came on. The 1000 motor would light up the oil light even when I pulled a small wheelie.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>