Power brake bleeding...

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Power brake bleeding...

Post by WickedFZR1K »

Maybe this has been covered, maybe not, but it will ONLY work for the guys running stock brake lines.....

A old mechanic (to whom I owe ALL my post school knowledge to) showed me a slick trick to no air in the lines or calipers. It is also a one man job and you can keep tabs on the fluid level too.....

Get a pair of small vise grips and force rubber tubing over the jaws, clamp them on the brake line near the master cylinder and open the bleeder of one caliper. You know you have it clamped good enough if the lever is immediately rock hard....

Now, close the bleeder and loosen the clamping just a tad and relock the vise grips. Open the bleeder again and force the brake lever all the way in. No need to close the bleeder, it cant get air back through it because the vise grips wont allow it....

Cycle the lever a couple times with this method (dont let the master cylinder go dry or you will have to start all over), top off the cylinder and then close the bleeder valve. Remove the vise grips and test, if your brake master cylinder is good (which it should be before you attempt to bleed brakes anyways) you will have virtualy rock hard levers and no air.....
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...