D&D show and go full system (87)

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
Peppa2
Veteran Poster

D&D show and go full system (87)

Post by Peppa2 »

Well a friend of mine has bought a show and go D&D full system to his 87. 1000. so any one of you people ever tried a full sys on an 87 and has some info on jet size\setup to make it run right? he had a little snag on the air box so it did not sitt right an the carbs so he got an air leak around the intake with the result of sluggis bottom end but a really good top end\ speed. fixed the airbox leak with the reult of good or better bottom \low rpm response and not so great top end, so what your guess people? he has a K&N in airbox and he has the jets from an 94 1000 in it so i guess they help a little., to little fuel or to little air? im onley guessing here
1990 FZR 1000..Image
COFFE FOR ALL THE LAZY ONES.
zzzzZzZZzzZzzzZzz

mynewbike
Veteran Poster

Post by mynewbike »

Hi Peppa I have a simular set up in my engine but it's a YZF1000.
I have the D/D 4-2-1 and was running a K/N filter.I took it out to see if it was dirty but it was fine.For some reason i decided to try a Emgo paper filter (oem) style.The bike is running better now?To me it looks like the paper filter flows more air compared to the K/N?
I would go down in size on the main jet,what size are the oem size main jets for the bike??
mikey
A Yami ride a day keeps the dr away:)

Peppa2
Veteran Poster

Post by Peppa2 »

Hello and thanks for the reply. he is using the oem 1994 fzr 1000 main jets and how big they are i dont know. but i will pass on the info to him and see what he thinks about it, had the same suggestion on an other forum to replace the air filter, but a K&N should have better air flow than an paper one.(going out on a limb here)
1990 FZR 1000..Image
COFFE FOR ALL THE LAZY ONES.
zzzzZzZZzzZzzzZzz

WickedFZR1K
Veteran Poster

Post by WickedFZR1K »

I highly doubt that the emgo filter outflows the K&N (unless the K&N is caked in oil grease and mud, of course). The reason it runs better is you are getting LESS air and it is basically running richer than with the K&N, the instructions with my K*N for my Katana 750 say to install the smaller ring if the bike is not piped and jetted (lets in less air and the bike wont run lean)...

I would call up Dynojet or Factory Pro and get a jet kit from them, read the instructions and it tells you what to install depending on exhaust/air filter mods...
If you want to live life by your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn...