tacho tango ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
fastrsho
New Poster

tacho tango ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Post by fastrsho »

:oops: Ok guys,now i know everyone on here has read the tacho tango 1 million times but i have the same 7000rpm issue.I ve heard everything from faulty feul pump sending unit,earth wire(what is eart wire?),exup valve etc.Im sorr y to pose this question again but has any one ever cured the tango permanetly?Mine went awat on its own then out of the blue...TANGO!!!7 As always.My local dealershit dont have a clue and neither does the independent shops.I have nt tried anything to fix it yet...Waiting on jim...lol j/k So...any fixes or are we still a little unsure of the cause and effect?
ITS NOT BROKE...TIL YOU CANT FIX IT NO MORE

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I've never had it happen to me...but, as I understand it, it's a fault code displaying. I think it has to do with the Exup servo motor. Or the fuel sensor ground wire. (earth wire)
Check continuity for that wire.
Then remove the tank and manualy move the servo pulley with the key off. turn on the key and observe the servo motor. It should return to the original position.
Start the motor and rev it past 4k and observe the operation of the servo motor....
That ought to lead you in the right direction
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

OW-01
Veteran Poster

Tango

Post by OW-01 »

I'm about ready to dive into my YZF750 with a thunderace engine I picked up and it does the Tacho tango. I haven't gone too deep, but if anybody has the definative answers..... I've talked to some reputable faces and they are wrong, so hopefully after I dig into the bike I'll figure it out. No worries Fasrtrsho, I have not seen this topic answered rock solid yet, I've met nobody who can give definative answers, so we probably need to explore it a wee bit more, at least I do.

Cheers :banana

fastrsho
New Poster

Post by fastrsho »

i hera ya..im doiint he same thing...not the swap but ive been trying to figure it out for sure.Maybe well conquer this for everyone once and for all!!!lets keep this topic alive for evryones sake...lol

Akirasann
New Poster

tangoooooo

Post by Akirasann »

My problem and many i have found is the block connector from the fuel tanl. Pulling it lossens the wires. Fiddle with this and see what happens.

fastrsho
New Poster

Post by fastrsho »

had a little tiny wire broke in half inside the tank...FIXED,FINALLY!!!!!