Adding a TPS to a '97 YZF750

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Adding a TPS to a '97 YZF750

Post by KontoBoy »

I've been told that if I put a TPS on my carbs (39mm FCRs) I can open up some of additonal/better mapping in my CDI/Black box. I have the hook-up on my harness.

Anyone know if this is correct or try it? Any results to report?

SUDCO still shows the TPS--I've been meaning to call see if they still carry them and what other part I may need.

Kontoboy

Bo_tengas
New Poster

Tps

Post by Bo_tengas »

As i'm running a kit cdi that supports TPS i've bought a TPS kit from sudco..
My carbs where precasted with support to mount the sensor but i've got to tap and drill the holes... and make a custom bracket for the lower bolt....
And then i just grinded my throttle shaft flat to fit in the sensor hole....(i can even had to leghten it, hmmm can't remember :) )
What box with tps are you running ??? Kit or a other aftermarket cdi???

//Bo_Tengas
Keep it wide open at all times!

KontoBoy
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by KontoBoy »

Sounds like a pretty manageable modification if I don't have to lengthen the throttle shaft.

Would you have any picks of your bracket to share?

I have a stock '97 US version CDI (P/N 4LE-82305-10) with a wire harness and pick-up to accomodate a TPS but no TPS on the stock carbs. I'm told that by adding a TPS to my FCRs will improve mapping.

I would assume the CDIs on the European (and some Canadian) versions of the bike that had the TPS standard have the same maps.

Did you run your bike with the Kit CDI without the TPS? Did you notice any improvements after you added it?

ThanKs

Kontoboy