AlittleHelp?

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

AlittleHelp?

Post by sickle44 »

Hey guys,

So, my buddy gets a stellar deal on a fully faired, with factory bags and top box, 82 Seca 750 on eBay coming from Indiana. Of course, dealers in our area won't touch anything 97 and older, some are better, but 10 years seems to be the norm (really, I oughta open up a shop), so who gets the reconditioning detail??? :roll:

Anyways, to make a long story short, bad carbs, bad petcock, drained oil but completely filled with fuel. Yes that's right, crankcase full of petroleum :| . Now, after the initial shock, I'm thinking no biggy, but just thought I'd run it by the powers that be. I should be able to get away with simply filling up with new oil and filter, bring it up to temp and then drop that schieze, refill and new filter again. Correct? Or, should I go for a scoot for a day or two or just one ride? Or have I got some other gaskets and seals to replace as well?
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

Oil fuel contaminated, it's bound to be with a stuffed petcock and left standing, it would've leaked past a needle seat, dripped down an inlet throat and sat on top of the piston and then leaked down to the sump.

I would refresh the oil and filter, repair the petcock and the usual maint items like plugs etc, and then run the thing.

best of luck mate! ;)

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

it's got a vacuume petcock. replace the daiphram.
that allows foel past teh needles up the mains an ddown the cyls, past the rings. I had a H*nda what would fill the sump overnight.
Drain the oil and put in new. Gasoline has no shear strength. And damned little lubricity.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Agreed on the petcock however I believe that the float in the carb also has to fail to allow the cylinder to fill up with gas. I had this happen on a set of '79 Mikuni carbs on my XS750.
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.