Ride height adjustment

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
twodogs

Ride height adjustment

Post by twodogs »

This may sound like a daft question, but my yzf750 has a ride height adjuster at the top of the rear shock, it the bit thats attached to the frame, i've undone the nut, but nothing happens, what else do i need to do.

Cheers

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

I havent seen the YZF 750 one, but the one on my Kwaka 750 you undo the lock nut, detach that end of the shock from the frame, and turn the shock end around to extend/unextend the shock.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

F5
Veteran Poster

Post by F5 »

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Just kiddin.

If it is a std shock there is no ride adjuster, although it was a kit part. Ok so you have to jack the back up & drop out the wheel & undo that nut, then drop the shock out & insert a 5mm spacer or a couple of washers ~ the same. Make sure they are thin enough to fit in the frame recess (look with a torch first). Any more prolly makes too much sw angle.

This will help immensely. While you are at it check/grease the linkages. Maybe reoil the shock. Experiment with dropping the forks up to ~ 8mm down for further effect, but bike will probably get too twitchy if std suspension, they really respond to some stiffer springs as they are too soft for all but the lightest pilots. Better your suspension the more you can drop the front. With decent tyres your bike will turn real nice like this.
I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running - try to keep up!