Factory pro kits... advice

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
boz
Veteran Poster

Factory pro kits... advice

Post by boz »

I am looking to replace my emulsion tubes (aka needle jets) on my '96 YZF 750 with those from Factory Pro. From what I have read on this site, these are a common source of problems on YZF750's and need regular replacement... As I know people have used these tubes in the past, I hope to draw on their knowledge as to what to buy.

Apparant choices:
1) Standard (1.0) drop in carb kit (there is also a titanium version)
2) Emulsion tubes only

Reading about the drop in kits they don't specifically mention including emulsion tubes, though they do include jets. Does this mean that they don't include the tubes? If so, should I just get the tubes?

The kit is only marginally more expensive than the tubes alone, so if the kit includes the tubes then I may as well just get that. However, given the marginal price difference I expect that the kit doesn't actually include the tubes...

Help?

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sorry, "Toobs" not included. :sad
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

+1 Yes, tubes not included.

If you can afford it, get both the tube set and the kit, so you install it
all at the same time. Your needles may also be worn as well as the tubes.
But if you can't afford both, if you have got worn tubes definitely
start with replacing the tubes.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

boz
Veteran Poster

Post by boz »

Appreciate the help! Will look to buy both if the money can be released by my banker / wife. I've got approval for one purchase so far - just have to see how far my credit reaches.