Sparkplug change help.

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
Rider99XX
New Poster

Sparkplug change help.

Post by Rider99XX »

What is the secrete to changing the sparkplugs on my 94 FZR 1000? The frame and engine are VERY close and none of my sparkplug sockets fit the one plug I could get to.

All tips and suggestions welcomed and appreciated.
Ride safe, ride smart, ride the Blackbird

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

18mm thin wall deep.
socket and about a 6" extension. take off the wrench to get to the corner plugs.
Takes about ten minutes
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

ghydpm

Post by ghydpm »

i don't have a FZR1000 but if it's anything like the FZR400 - which has an insanely close fit for the sparkplugs too - using one of those wobble extension attachments with a regular sparkplug socket works pretty well. Good luck.

Tesla73
Regular Poster

Sparkplugs

Post by Tesla73 »

When I changed mine on my YZF750 and my wife's YZF600 we used a 12 inch extention and a universal knuckle with the sparkplug deep socket. After the body was off, it was about 30 minutes each bike. The outside 2 were not to bad, but having small hands to help to get back to the center two worked great. Just do not rush yourself and use a can of air to blow out the wells before you remove the old spark plugs. Keeps dirt and debris from falling in. Also I found starting the plugs by hand with a very small amount of oil on the first thread kept them from cross threading.