How many licks does it take to get to the center of of ...

Want the specs for a valve adjustment? Can you provide tips for bleeding brakes? Please use this section.
jimcos3
Veteran Poster

How many licks does it take to get to the center of of ...

Post by jimcos3 »

I don't know but it takes a lot more coats of paint when you're using a rattle can in a 40 degree garage. Between sanding drips and doing multiple light coats, I have finally managed to get the body work painted. I'll bolt it on and try to fire the YZF600 up this weekend. I'll post picks.

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

For rattling canning, your pieces look good. I need to do mine this year as I have already primer everything last year. I'm waiting for warmer weather. But around here it could be July or August.
:bfg

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Thanks Rush. I feel your pain about the weather. This was a long, cold winter. The paint turned out OK from 10 feet away (with your eyes squinting). Actually, its not too bad but you can't avoid the orange peel texture when its so cold.
I put it together and spent Sunday trying to figure out why it wasn't turning over. It turns out if you don't put the starter clutch bolts in it won't turn the crank! Who would of thought? Just got it turning over and now I have to sort out the fuel hose routing and she should be a runner.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Looks great for can painting. Your probably aware of the old cold weather trick of sticking the well shaken can in a bucket of hot water until it comes up in temp. It increases the pressure inside the can and lowers the viscosity of the paint. Nice work. Cheers :)