1000 FZR genesis - streetfighter

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
krongsak
New Poster

1000 FZR genesis - streetfighter

Post by krongsak »

A little pic of my FZR for the photo album

- Rear sub-frame modified to fit a gsxr 1000 k3 tail.
- exup front end
- exup rear end, swingarm, 17' wheel
- ignition coils relocated
- water cooling circuit modified with exup parts
- home made speed triple type headlights
- R1 brake calipers
- ABM triple tee
- 750 FZ 6 speed gearbox

ExupElvis
Veteran Poster

Post by ExupElvis »

Nice shot there krongsak, you are officially elected the new engine-strip photographer!!
I've not yet been sure what to make of the Genisis or EXUP bikes missing all the body work, What I notice (and it works really well) is that Yamaha had the forsight to make the engine look a little better than it needed to in anticipation of this look ;)
Can you imagine a streetfightered Kawasaki ZX?? (Engine looks like an industrial irrigation pump).
Anyways, it is a nice job!

krongsak
New Poster

Post by krongsak »

Thanks for the kind words.
I must agree the engine looks good stripped but I may nevertheless dress it up a bit later on. Front fender, small spoiler and water cooler mini-fairings (pardon my limited english, how would you call those) are on their way

Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Outlaw »

Hey, nice job! :cool

I noticed that you've got the earlier model USD front end on that bike. How easy was that mod? I've been thinking about doing it to mine.

krongsak
New Poster

Post by krongsak »

It is a very easy adaptation, only two mods:
- use the exup front wheel. Front wheel axis diameter is 2mm larger than on the genesis and I couldn't find bearings with the proper dimensions.
- got to modifiy the lower triple tree so that the fork don't hit the water cooler when steering. Not sure I am being clear here but I just can't find the correct english word :oops:

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

krongsak wrote:... water cooler when steering. Not sure I am being clear here but I just can't find the correct english word :oops:
Otherwise know as the Radiator.

Don't worry about your english. There's enough of us here to be able to figure it out.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Outlaw »

Great, I kinda figured that the only issues should be clearance issues. :cool
If I do it I want to leave all the fairings on, so I may have a few other clearance problems. I already have the forks, wheel, brakes etc... All I really need would be the front fender, new steering head bearings and clipons.

M Hankel
Veteran Poster

Post by M Hankel »

Love the adapted tail and high mount exhaust. That setup looks hot dude! Good work.

As Tim stated, don't worry too much about your English. If we can't figure it out, we'll just ask you. :)

Mike
-Mike
94' FZR1000
520 Chain Conversion (-1F, +2R), Michelin Pilot Powers, K&N Filter, Yoshimura RS-3, V&H PowerPak, Perpetual Carb Rebuilds

fslflint
New Poster

Post by fslflint »

gotta love fighters, yours looks great. I'm kinda partial to a shorter tail though.

I'm workin on my naked fz-700. I'll post pics soon