Bimota YB11

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
Corse
New Poster

Bimota YB11

Post by Corse »

New to the board but not to Yamahas. I had a new EXUP 1000 silver/grey with gold wheels in 1989 , I loved that bike... Boy was it fast! since then I owned many bikes and now have a Bimota YB11 with an Attack Race motor and 168rwhp, custom Penske 3 way shock, Arrow carbon system and flatslides.

I'm also building a 2000 R6 customized with Spondon single sided swingarm, Penske shock, Vortex rearsets, LP engine covers, Marchesini Mag wheels, R1 front end and Pepsi paintwork. Will show pics of it when finished- should be soon.

It looks like this forum has much to offer - looking forward to speaking to you all!

Bimota YB11 Attack Yamaha YZF1000 with 168rwhp
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Nice rides man,

I've always had a warm place in my heart for Bimota's
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

sickle44 wrote:Nice rides man,

I've always had a warm place in my heart for Bimota's
and me the Duc 916 SP
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Well that just goes without saying Tim, It's true I even liked the 999, although not nearly as much as the 916.
Michael

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

I still have an original 916 that I bought new in 94 and build them as a hobby. The one with the Bimota is a 98 996SPS and has been modified extensively- HC piston, full 50mm system, Ohlins forks, Corse shock, mag wheels, and longer magnesium swingarm it has 130 rwhp but one my trackbikes is a 999R blueprinted, modified with 63mm Bostrom system and nearly 160rwhp...I grin every time on the track!

Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Delicious!

And what exactly do you do for a living Corse, and are there any job openings? :poke ;)

Michael
Michael

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

Independant IT Consultant...unemployed right now but starting a new job shortly. I am extremely lucky to have a very considerate wife who lets me get away with this insane hobby.... I have collected around 25 bikes or so, all shapes, types and sizes. Its always been that way since I can remember.
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I have collected around 25 bikes or so, all shapes, types and sizes. Its always been that way since I can remember.

Ahhhh....another one....
This is like going to those weekly group things. "Hi, My names Jim, and I'm a..."

Heck, I can't remember the last bike I sold. No...Wait! it was a H*nda. Yea, I'm sure of it... :poke
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

dragracer1951 wrote:
I have collected around 25 bikes or so, all shapes, types and sizes. Its always been that way since I can remember.

Ahhhh....another one....
This is like going to those weekly group things. "Hi, My names Jim, and I'm a..."

Heck, I can't remember the last bike I sold. No...Wait! it was a H*nda. Yea, I'm sure of it... :poke
You would be making a mistake to compare me with any RUB, I still have my 1938 BSA WWII C10 that I have owned since 1983 along with some of my other rides...most of my stuff I have owned longer than most people I know have been riding!
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Buddy Jim wan't making a slight, just that he too has a couple of 40-or-so bikes. Some vintage stuff too. Like an old 76 900SS.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Most of what I have is old brit stuff
five or six BSA's
couple Velo's, two Panthers, a couple three AJS', four or five Turnips, a Vincent, two Royal Enfields... Uh... there may be more. Then I have some Jap and Italian bikes too.

I have a couple Nortons too and am in the throws of accuireing 60 (that's right) A10 BSA's
Jim

Hey Kid...

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

dragracer1951 wrote:Most of what I have is old brit stuff
five or six BSA's
couple Velo's, two Panthers, a couple three AJS', four or five Turnips, a Vincent, two Royal Enfields... Uh... there may be more. Then I have some Jap and Italian bikes too.

I have a couple Nortons too and am in the throws of accuireing 60 (that's right) A10 BSA's
A Vincent! which one? you have an exceptional collection.

I have a Royal Enfield too, its a 2003 model though and I am having diffculties with the electrics ( I don't think these are the famed Lucas products!) I'm not too pleased about the build quality though.
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I have a 52 Series C Rapide
Had it for years. I think I bought it for about $1500 in 1966 or so
Jim

Hey Kid...

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

I have a 54 (I think) 500 bullet. and an early 60's (I think it's a 61 or 2 ) Interceptor.
Funny story about the semfiddy... It collapsed a piston at about 1200 miles. (It was my Dad's) and we rebuilt it. Tore up some valve guides within about a thousand miles. We rebuilt it... Spun a crank bearing. We rebuilt it... I'm afraid to start it now :poke
Jim

Hey Kid...

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

dragracer1951 wrote:I have a 52 Series C Rapide
Had it for years. I think I bought it for about $1500 in 1966 or so
and now worth substantially more! I was close to buying an almost basket case Shadow 15yrs back , didn't and now regret it. The nearest I get to these bikes is a friend who has 3 of them incl an Egli. What a magnificent machine.
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

An abosolute Cacophony of sound. There are so many things whirring, clattering, pattering, ticking, that it is just amazing
I have a friend that has a Manx Sr, We rode to teh local Vintage nite a few years ago. I have a G50 Matchless. No lights. No Plate. Just a really big Megaphone. We arived at a lite about a block away from where there were prolly 1200 vintage guys. We each looked at each other and thought "Why not?" It was just about a drag race to teh parking lot. Drew chears from the crowd. They let us park by the door. I've done the same thing with the Rapide
Jim

Hey Kid...

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I wish I had me one of dem der Vincent's, Have you seen the newly made ones? I love the fact that they've kept with a lot of the machine's originality.

Hey Mr, Corse? Ahhhhhh, what's a RUB? Don't know about Jim, but if you called me a RUB, I'm not so sure I'd want to carry on the conversation with ya? :poke These folks play pretty nice here in these parts, maybe slow down a little.
Michael

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

A Rub is a "Rich Urban Biker" Most folks associate midlife crisiss Harley riders with RUB's
I ain't one of those either. I ride what I ride because I like it. The only reason I have more bikes is that I never could bring myself to sell one. If I wanted another, I found a way to get it and usually paid for it outright. I did that usually by sacraficing something else, Like partying....My Ex once talked me into selling two Harleys. Never again...
Jim

Hey Kid...

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

New ones?
Areyou refering to Mr Li? (I think that's the sp) anyway, the one made with the RC51 motor? That's not a Vincent. It's got a FRAME for Gods sake!!! I mean, it's a nice bike and all, but to call it a Vincent??
There are people in Australia that are building repro's of the real thing.
Shame about the "rebirth". Kind of like Indian really. Sad...
Jim

Hey Kid...

Corse
New Poster

Post by Corse »

The Egli uses the Vincent motor - I'm sure you seen the early Egli using CB900F Honda motors and others back in the late seventies. The Vincent model is just mouth watering, I believe they also fitted an electric start.
Yamacati 1200 190rwhp