I can't believe I sold her

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
jimcos3
Veteran Poster

I can't believe I sold her

Post by jimcos3 »

I just sold my '94 YZF750 for only $2300 (I needed the money!) and now I am experiencing sellers remorse.

At least I was able to pick this'89 FZR up for $300. It will help distract me until the pain subsides, I hope.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Pretty much sounds like you came out ahead....... to some degree.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

That looks like an excellent $300.00 purchase. Ok, '89 vs '94 ... but you you also now have 1000cc vs 750cc. Nice swap for a $2000.00 profit. :cool
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Hey FZRdude,

I was missing Seattle and it was the only way to afford my vacation. It was definitely worth it though I can't believe I survived 30 winters up there. I don't know how you guys do it now that I've been down here in the sun for 3 years. That weather sures builds charactor! Everytime I think I've had it with California (which happens quite often) I just remember that I had dry socks at coffee break today and I can take it a little longer.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Jimcos,

Sorry I wasn't around to meet up with you. Hey, you ever miss Seattl that much again, do this.....

Go in the bathroom, turn off the lights, and get in a cold shower. That should cure anymore longings to come up here.... or at least that's the way I see it.

btw... I'm originally from Atlanta, so I feel the need for warmth and sun.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

chengsr
Veteran Poster

Post by chengsr »

Are you selling the 89 1000?

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

chengsr wrote:Are you selling the 89 1000?
you missing your old 90 too chengsr ? Your' 90 influenced my appreciation for the 90...and what with your USD forks and all...really made it look nice

chengsr
Veteran Poster

Post by chengsr »

Yep, wish I can find another.

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

The '89 is being freshened up right now. I just scored a frame, to replace the dented one on the bike, and an Ohlins shock. I'll be putting it together over the next few weeks. Some fresh tires and brakes should get it back on the road in good form. Unfortunately, I have grown a little fond of this bike so I'm not in any rush to sell right now. I'll post some pictures once I have a little progress to show. I have been a little distracted by an old '85 VW GTI I just bought for cheap (now I can share some rides with a few friends!).

ExupElvis
Veteran Poster

Post by ExupElvis »

jimcos3 wrote:I can't believe I survived 30 winters up there.
Save me a bunk Jimmy................... :cry:.........................
I've done 35 winters up here and I don't think I can take another one.
I'm originally from orange county CA, and I think I need to get on back there. (I'm joking about the bunk), but whereabouts are you in Cali?

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Hey Elvis,
I'm down in Palm Springs right now. I moved down about 4 years ago. Spent a year in San Diego, then a year in San Clemente and the last 2 years here. Work has moved me around a bit. You definitely don't want to come down to the desert right now. It is just starting to get hot (100 degrees today). Besides, summer is almost here and Seattle is paradise for 2 months! You wouldn't want to miss it after paying your dues all winter! By all means drop me a line if you make your way down and we'll take a ride through the local mountains (I'm sure I can find a bunk for any fellow riders passing through, as well!) but it is much more likely that I'll make my way up north this summer some time. If I ride I'll let you know (I might drive this old GTI I picked up - my ass isn't as hard as it use to be). It would be nice to meet a few of the brotherhood up in Seattle. By the way, do you ever go to the Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiats (VME) meetings? Those things used to be a pretty good time. I'd like to catch one of those meetings when I come up and by a beer for any of the brotherhood that can make it.

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Thread Jack

Post by dragracer1951 »

By the way, do you ever go to the Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiats (VME) meetings?
I've been a member of the VME for over 20 years.
I helped to organize the liberary and helped move Polk's stock of Norton parts
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

ExupElvis
Veteran Poster

Post by ExupElvis »

I know my quip kind of high-jacked the thread, but thanks for the reply.......
Yeah, I know better than to head down there in the summer.
I haven't done any VME meets myself, I keep hearing about them.
I probably qualify with my '92 FZR now, It cracks me up to run into pup riders and hear them go off about my slick "Old Skool" ride.
As if. :)
Yeah give a shout when your up, I'm no good in the winter, but I should be able to rouse 'meself out if your up this summer.
And there's others up here too...........

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Dr. Jim,
Do you go to those meetings still? They moved from Teddy's Tavern to Georgetown right around the time I was moving. They were a blast. Luckily I lived 4 blocks away due to my inability to control my beer intake at those events (I could tell some stories, like the time I foolishly tried to wheelie a pumped up old GS750 while wearing my buddies tiny gloves. I went down 65th between 2 block long rows of bikes a doing a massive tank slapper with my hands above my head as they slipped off the grips! It almost ended in tears but I got lucky! I was able to ditch my helmet and take off my jacket while I walked back into Teddy's saying, "who was that jackass!"). I may recognize you by face since I missed very few over a 10 year period. It was always one of the highlights of my month. Polk's used to be the shop right across from Seattle U., right? Now it is a coffee shop and I go in there whenever I'm back (the ambiance is just right for me). I almost bought an old Laverda 750 SFC from him for something like $1500 but I passed it up (I regret it to this day, it was a beautiful bike). He used to occasionally help me out with my old SR500 race bike with miscellaneous parts.
Elvis,
Don't worry about the age of your bike. The meetings attracted any one with motorcycling taste (read that as very few Harleys-except for a few interesting ones). You would see a ton of sportbikes, European bikes, two strokes, race bikes and just about anything you could want. There was always enough vintage bikes to satisfy the label but they were far out numbered by modern bikes. It was definitly a great crowd. Talking about it makes me want to go to one very bad! I'll let you know when I'm coming up.
Jim

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Well....You may remember me riding my completely not even remotely street legal G50 Matchless to Teddys one mid summer Wednesday nite....
Made me park it on the sidewald by the door.
I rode my Vincent a couple of times as well.
There were a TON of hot rodded SR's. I own two of them. (See, it's Yamaha related, Not a thread jack)
Seems I remember Frosty shaking his head about some nut case on a water buffalo in the street.....
I liked VME nite at Teddys.
Jim

Hey Kid...

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

I can't remember your G50 even though I probably drooled on it but a beautiful Vincent burned itself in my memory (I have always loved those bikes since the first time I saw one in the flesh - you may be responsible!). Did it look like this?

I can never go more than year or two without having an SR500 in my garage (or an SRX). There is something about those things that gives me a lot of pleasure. Here is me in the local mountains on my last SR.

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Oops -here it is.

jimcos3
Veteran Poster

Post by jimcos3 »

Seems I remember Frosty shaking his head about some nut case on a water buffalo in the street.....
I used to have a water buffalo...

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

I have a buddy who still has one (water buffalo). It is in decent shape, and he wants to sell. He is located near Albany NY if anyone is interested.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

The very same. Frosty talked me into putting it in the VME display at the Seattle Cycle World show . those are 900ss BMW blinkers on there. The WSP pitched a fit about me riding without blinkers

I have a buddy who still has one (water buffalo). It is in decent shape, and he wants to sell. He is located near Albany NY if anyone is interested.
must resist..... :hissy
Jim

Hey Kid...