So long my old friend

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
chengsr
Veteran Poster

So long my old friend

Post by chengsr »

Made a deal with the (wife) and in order to buy my dream, bike(2006 R1LE) I had to sell the old Fizzer. The worest part was after I sold the bike the seller of the LE backed out. The moral of the story is “easer to ask for forgiveness then for permission” Here is some picture of her as she departed. :hissy

Last edited by chengsr on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

DOH!!! Sorry to hear about the R1 LE owner backing out of the deal!! That definitely isn't cool.

WOW...ur FZR1000 is SSOOO S-E-X-Y!! It's too bad you had to sell her! :hissy

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Yes, i always buy first and worry about the fallout later

But look at the bright side, you now have the OK to get an R1 and cash in your pocket, time for a little shopping i thing,

Oh, and take the wife along, she might not be interested, but you give her a chance to have a little input into your next purchase, she will get boared, go looking at handbags, and you ride home on a bike you never even showed her :banana

but still, parting with a good bike is always a little sad

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

hagasannori
Regular Poster

Post by hagasannori »

It is a real nice bike the 1000 you have :)

Overkill
Veteran Poster

Post by Overkill »

Mistake. Better to get something in addition to, rather than exchange for. Even if you were able to get the other bike, it is an unknown quantity, and the FZR was family. You don't sell family. :sad

Sorry. I was feeling sad for your sale, and am just blabbing...it's late.
She looked great though! I hope the new owner respects her as much as the pictures show you did. The mods were very tasteful.
1989 FZR1000 Exup | 155mm DogBones | Ohlins rear shock | RaceTech gold front fork cartridge emulators | '02 R1 front Gold Spots w/SS lines & matching MC | EBC XC front rotors & HH pads | K&N | FactoryPro shift kit | Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers on Marchesini magnesium rims & DynaBeads| FactoryPro Ti emulsion tubes/jets | WaterWetter & Syn-lube | Deka AGM battery | Nology Coils, Capacitorized ignition wires, and plugs

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

This is why I'm single! Beats me why a man should have to do a deal in the first place.... It would have been the wife on the trailer if I had to make a choice in that regard.... That's right... I remember now... :bfg

chengsr
Veteran Poster

Post by chengsr »

Don't feel bad for me I do have another bike in the barm. It's greed and a coveting heart that cause me the sell the FZR, and I do regret selling her even if I had bought the LE.

P.S. Wife is PO about the D word so I had to remove it.

Scooter
New Poster

Post by Scooter »

That FZR looks cool...what forks/brake combo is on the front?

chengsr
Veteran Poster

Post by chengsr »

The USD forks and brakes was from a 1997 YZF 750 with race tech internals and 100 KG springs, I also used a shorter bogbone to raise ther rear end up to improve handeling and ground clearnce.

Scooter
New Poster

Post by Scooter »

Cheers, thanks for that...