First 2 Winter Mods!!!!!!!!

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
stonehopr
New Poster

First 2 Winter Mods!!!!!!!!

Post by stonehopr »

These were the easiest 2 mods i've done to date!

1. Taillight Tuck
2. Dash color change

First: Taillight tuck. sooooooooo easy with the help of others who have posted giving directions and a good how to. i did luckely get a look at the pics before the server change ended the link. Simply take out the light, housing, plastic cover and mounting bracket. then cut back the extender thingy. easier done than said. you open up the rear section and it will be easy to understand, really. i forgot to take a before picture but i'm gonna compare to an old pic i had from last winter.

Before: just look how far the light sticks out!!!!!!

After:

I must say it pulls the whole light in about an inch or so. i simply drummeled the crap out of the brackets to get them off. (the trusty saw-all would have worked too.)

in the picture though, the white paint looking crap on the plastic housing is wax that won't freak'n come off from a earlier wax job!!! anyway.....

SECOND: As some of you know i was one of the few out there with yellow on my cat. i bought the bike years back from a guy who painted the duct covers and huggers bright yellow. till now i have not had the enegery to change this so i simply touched up the yellow every year. untill now. i finally sanded down the yellow and found an "aluminum/silver" color that almost fully matched the frame's color. couple coats of that and couple of clear coat and it was done. the hardest part of this was simply waiting for the paint to dry!!!! needless to say i think it looks slick. i forget who it was out there who has already done this but i thought it looked awesome and took the idea and ran. Thanks!!!!! lolo

BEFORE:

After:

enjoy!!!!!!!!! :popcorn :popcorn

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Looks tons better...
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Nice job

Post by djalbin »

Looks good Stonehopr. I like it. You did a very nice job.

I'll join you Image

Don

creed12r
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

yellow

Post by creed12r »

I don't know how you put up with that yellow for so long!!!!! :oops:

Looks good now :D

chris

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

I liked the yellow.

I liked the yellow more since rossi shown yellow in the 05 motogp return to laguna. I was there. I liked yellow and started considering how to get yellow into my rides / gear / helmet.

Sanity sat back in and I like yellow still but not for me and the bikes I currently have.

I think the yellow 94 fzr1000 (all black with some yello) would look awesome. FzrDude you know who and what I'm talkin here!

Stoney...I didnt think I was gonna like whatever change you did as I scrolled the mouse ever so slowly down to the grey additions.

But I like I like. It was almost startling how good it came out in the pics as I exclaimed out loud...wow. seriously contrasts real nice with the blue.

I figure I could have spied this thru my window into you living room to see what tricks were about :oops:

:banana

yuck....then again maybe not...

lol

so what? now that your in MA instead of VT, how you gonna handle an extra 3-4 months of riding weather ? :poke

for those that done know it....stoney rock hopper from VT moved right opposite me here in taxachusetts. Soon as I saw a bike...I was like...hey...he's sorta purty...errr.....ehhhemmmm .....the bike I mean.

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

and yes....that IS his bike sitting in his living room next to his pool table.

ahhhh the single life

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

nice bike. does the tyre warmer work a treat lol
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

stonehopr
New Poster

Post by stonehopr »

Thanks ya'll and it does feel great to start her when its 13 outside and a cozy 65 inside. she sounds great indoors too!!!!!!!!!!

having it inside did take away from the pool table experience.
-Blue/Silver 2000 YZF 600R

"I am white because sun does not go through leather riding jackets bitch!"