Trackday pics from Cali on my YZF750SP

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Trackday pics from Cali on my YZF750SP

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Some pics of me at Thunderhill Raceway in California.

Julian
:D

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

SWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

koma
Veteran Poster

Post by koma »

Very nice shots!
Looks like your enjoying yourself. :D
Image K1 GSXR1000, '92 FZR1k Custom [Gone to a good home!]
Pedal powered till October '08. :(

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Very nice Julian :banana

These pics from a Track Day? I see you have numbers on your bike. What roadracing organization and class are you competing in?

Don

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Thanks guys!! I had the best time!! That track is very fast and very challenging, which is why my friends and I go to Thunderhill as often as we can. Yep, I'm totally enjoying myself as you can clearly see :D

I'm always the ONLY YZF750 guy at every track-day that I've ever been to!! Sure would be great if there were some YZF750 riders out there with me ;)

Here's a few more pics.

Julian

IKuyaBull

Sweet SP

Post by IKuyaBull »

How did you get your hands on that sp? True SP? OEM Swing arm? Beautiful bike. Come 2 centrel cal buttonwillow/willow springs my friend and i r the only ones here with a yzf 750 not nearly as nice as yours. Props on your SP all i can say is SWEET!

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hey (djalbin) Don,

Yes, these pics were really taken at a Track-Day. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to actually race, although I'd love to do it!! The photographer (Gotbluemilk.com) keeps track of the photos taken and sorts them according to the numbers on our bikes.

:D

Julian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IKuyaBull,

Thank for the props dude! The photographer who took the pics did a fantastic job.

Yes, my YZF is a Full-On, genuine SP model that I purchased BRAND NEW in August of 1993. I special-ordered my YZF750SP and in Canada, we only got 20 for 1993. Of the 20, I believe that 10 were sold and exported to different countries. I know that at least 3 went back to Asia.

My fav part on my bike is the Factory Y.E.C Kit Swingarm, that costs a TON of $$$ and was VERY, VERY DIFFICULT to find. It has taken me years of searching to finally get it!! I didn't mount the swingarm on, for about 3-4 months because it sat in my bedroom so that I could DROOL and "Fondle" it!! LOL!! I'm sick...... I know!! The original cost was $6000 US ($10,000 CDN) back in the day.

ButtonWillow and Willow Springs (Streets and Big Track) are definitely on my list to ride! Most of my friends have already been to Willow Springs, Laguna Seca and Infineon. I went to Infineon last year, but we got rained out!!! The event got cancelled due to a huge "lake" at Turn 9 (I think, or was it Turn 10?? Can't remember). I'd also like to try Fontana as well, looks like a fun place.

Hope to see U at da Track!! :banana

Julian

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Julian,

I'd have to agree with the others. A fine looking steed (except for the hot pink, but who am I to judge? my 94 FZR1000 came with a rainbow color scheme).

Julian wrote:I didn't mount the swingarm on, for about 3-4 months because it sat in my bedroom so that I could DROOL and "Fondle" it!! LOL!! I'm sick......
I wouldn't call that sick. Nope, not one bit. Not me. No way...
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

duderman
Regular Poster

Post by duderman »

well....

if it helps any.

I have one of the original 93 YZF750 SP's in Canada, that was bought in Cycle World Toronto.

here a pic of my bike

Copperslip Cowboy
Veteran Poster

Post by Copperslip Cowboy »

"YEC_YZF750SP"

That is probably the nicest YZF 750 I've seen. (That is not a works / Team bike.)
Looks improved all the more by riding to match the bikes looks,
IMPRESSED.

NB Can I "borrow" the swinging arm :cool ....thought not.. :lol:
Yours Slip.
YZF 750 Fan(atic)

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

awesome bike julian, the swingarm is radical. the "holy grail" of 750 items.

did you pick that up from a guy in south carolina?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

FZRDude,

Good to know that you think I'm "Normal", LOL!! Most people wouldn't understand why I need "private time" with the Kit Swingarm. HAHAHAHA!!
BTW, I think the stock colors of ur 94 FZR1000 looks great :) Although I agree about the "pink" paint job that Yamaha chose for my YZF......not the best choice for sure!! Actually, I'll be getting it ready for a new replica paint job shortly after Christmas :D

Julian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copperslip Cowboy,

Thanks for the props mate!! Basically, I'm trying to get my SP as close to a "Works" machine as I can without my girlfriend killing me!! LOL!! Not easy to do!!

Looking forward to seeing the progress of your YZF as U build it back up!!

Julian

Hooligan,

Yep, the Kit Swingrm is definitely the "holy grail" of parts and after my friend in San Diego got one for his 94 YZF750R, I thought to myself : "Son of a Bitch!!! I'm SO JEALOUS!! I need one to TOO!!". I decided that I would do whatever it took to get it, regardless of the $$$ cost.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from is from South Carolina. The part came off a Factory/Works Yamaha USA YZF-SP.

Julian :D

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Duderman,

So far in Canada, there is yourself and me, with the SP.

Linnley Clarke: still has his (Ex-Yamaha Canada SBK rider). He was the only other person that I found with a Kit Swingarm, but I just missed out!! He sold it to a guy in Hawaii :(

Benoit Pilon: still has his , I think? (Ex-Yamaha Canada SBK rider)
Jaques Guenette : don't know what happened to his (Pivateer SBK Rider)
Neil Jenkins : still has his , I think? (Ex-Yamaha Canada SBK rider)

In Vancouver, there are 2 more (well, 1 more actually cause the other guy crashed his : bike was totally destroyed!!) The other 1 in Vancouver is owned by a Collector and it's for sale. The bike has 1000kms on it.

There's also 1 more in Ontario that I know of , and is street ridden ( I assume).

The only other 93 SP that I know of is owned by a Club Racer in Nova Scotia.

Do you know of any more??

Julian

duderman
Regular Poster

Post by duderman »

An owner of a Race shop here in Ontario, has one as his "tricked" out street bike project.

thats the only other one I know of.

dereku
Veteran Poster

Post by dereku »

YEC_YZF750SP wrote:

Julian
Who's that? I don't know anyone with a YZF750SP
Bike: 2001 Yamaha R1
Years riding: 4
Years racing: Career on hold
Crash count: 3

doubleapex
Veteran Poster

SP in Toronto

Post by doubleapex »

Dudreman,
Are you talking about Zaid at Z1 Cycle tech?

duderman
Regular Poster

Re: SP in Toronto

Post by duderman »

doubleapex wrote:Dudreman,
Are you talking about Zaid at Z1 Cycle tech?

Yep, last time I talked to him.

I just didnt want to name specifics, just in case the owner didnt want to be known.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

what kind of muffler are you running on your bike julian?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Hi Hooligan,

My muffler is a Y.E.C. Kit Part. It's a full 4-2-1 exhaust and comes with a Kit Deep Sump oil pan. The muffler is Carbon Fibre, as you can see.

What exhaust are you running on your YZF? BTW, your avatar w/Colin Edwards on the SP he co-rode with Haga at the 96 Suzuka 8-Hrs is super COOL!! :D

Julian

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

dereku wrote:
YEC_YZF750SP wrote:

Julian
Who's that? I don't know anyone with a YZF750SP

Actually, I can't remember the rider's name cause it was quite a few years ago when I tracked down that SP in Atlantic Canada. I'm pretty sure he was from Nova Scotia, but I could be wrong.

Julian