ok here it is

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

i agree jim, its in the blood
ive only recently become a biker, 5 or 6 years maybe, i dont know what id do if i couldnt ride
my life would be so much emptier, yeah id probably have another hobby but nothing quite gives that edge which riding a bike does
carl
everything is true until you exceed the speed of light then light will distort and everything is wrong

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Jim,

You couldn't have put it better.

I read your post to my wife this morning and after 22 years of marrage, she whole heartedly agrees with you.

We all know the risks, and by nature, we men like to take those risks - perhaps to prove something to ourselves, or those around us.

I have friends who love to sail as that is how they de-stress, that's what riding is like to me, the ultimate relaxent, and a chance to be alone with my thoughts and feelings.

I am about to ride to the other end of New Zealand in the next week or so to see my family, and specifically my brother whose health isn't too good these days.

My wife asked if I should fly down instead, but I'll ride as it's a 'right of passage' to me; because there is a chance I may say goodbye to my brother for the last time.

I can't explain it any other way than 'it's just something I have to do'.

Sandman would have been the same, riding was a part of who he is, you just have to do it.

Were all brothers on the road, no matter what we choose to ride, and this forum brings us all a little closer together.

Cheers
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sandmans girl
New Poster

Post by sandmans girl »

I know what you are saying guys.... i love bikes just as much as sandman did... but i look at the pics and just wanna scream... i have never ever felt such an emptiness inside or even in my home.. its cold and lifeless even with 4 kids... 2 of whom cant sleep now without daddys deodorant sprayed on blankets ( one of whom is 1 today and the other 3 on tuesday)
I cant sleep been up 48 hours straight.. if i sleep when i wake up its gonna hurt just like being told the first time.
I went to the crash site yesterday with his mum and 2 sisters and brother inlaw... we worked out how it happened i think.. which helps in a way. Broken neck no pain quick etc... if he had survived he would of been in a wheel chair which would of been worse than losing i know....... Sorry guys i know you dont need a crying scewed up female in here but i feel close to him in here.. i hear him laughing at posts that u nutters put.. so please bear with me.. if any of u wnt to come to the funeral its going to be in stockport.. not sure when cos they havent released his body to me yet... Cant believe this time last year i was giving birth to his son this year im sorting his funeral... not fair...sorry again guys tell me to stop ranting!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Hi there,

Please - don't stop communicating - it's vital that you do!!!!

It's not ranting, it's letting those who knew sandman through the site, and now youself, be available - even if it is only in a very small way.

The only thing I have to offer are words of support, and everyone on the site is with me in supporting you, both now and in the future.

Take the time to write down eveything that your feeling and thinking in a private journal, it will be a great help both now and in the future.

Thoughts and prayers

Graham
kiwi60
Last edited by kiwi60 on Thu May 24, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

Take full use of the forum, and work what ever you need. This board will do nothing but help....if asked.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Don't stop. It's how you heal. But you're not ready to heal yet. Keep a journal, It will be a Godsend to your kids later in life. It'll be a little window into someone they once knew and loved.
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

I don't dare mention how many riders have gone down this year to my fiance, she would shit a brick and die and try and ban me from riding ever again.

I really feel for your family, my best friend lost his father to a pair of felons fleeing the police that rammed him earlier this year. Its been a hard time for them as it is for youtoo :cry:
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

sradwxi
Veteran Poster

Post by sradwxi »

dont stop ranting collette, ranting is what makes u the person you are lol
the good thing about a website is you can put your thoughts down a lot easier than you can face to face
and the words you do put down, reach a far wider audience
but at the end of the day, you dont need the site to feel close to him, you are close to him anyway, im sure hes right above you watching,
coming on the site is just carrying on his work/hobby, which is a good thing right???
keep ur chin up mate, and were always here to read your rantings
carl
everything is true until you exceed the speed of light then light will distort and everything is wrong

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I've recently been finishing my uni studies as a radiographer, i know, funny isn't it, and been working in the emerg department

Having ridden bike for over 25 yrs, you learn a bit about why we ride

Spot on JIM

A recent Pt was a guy who was knocked off his harley. " thats it' he said, she will surly pull the pin on my riding now.

Give her some credit, i replied, she is married to a motorcylist,

Sure enough, wife had the bike picked up and took it to his regular bike shop, sorted the insurance, and rang his boss, all before she go to the hospital.

Don't stop the ranting sandmans girl, i feel it is good for us all

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

Colette, say what you feel for us all to read, it will help you heal. I hated every living soul when my father died and the only way I dealt with it was to talk and vent-off, you have to do this and I for one will be here to listen!

Regards
Pete

sandmans girl
New Poster

Post by sandmans girl »

Hi guys..... Funeral all over with and it was an amazing thing to part of and i felt very proud when i rode pillion next to Wayne on the busa bike hearse.... We are burying his ashes with his Dad in Ware herts this friday.... anyone in the area fell free to come (need the support his mother is being erm how do i say this... A BITCH)
But also on the 30th june there is going to be a party to remember Wayne aka sandman77 in St albans herts... it would of been his 30th birthday.. so anyone who wants to come give me a yell and we can sort stuff out.. there is camping space there too so dont worry bout drinking n riding...... Carl or Aidy can you stick this on the other site for me too...cheers guys

p.s Police still not released bike back to me yet soon as i get it back i will be shouting for help!!!!!

sandmans girl
New Poster

Post by sandmans girl »

Hi guys..... Funeral all over with and it was an amazing thing to part of and i felt very proud when i rode pillion next to Wayne on the busa bike hearse.... We are burying his ashes with his Dad in Ware herts this friday.... anyone in the area fell free to come (need the support his mother is being erm how do i say this... A BITCH)
But also on the 30th june there is going to be a party to remember Wayne aka sandman77 in St albans herts... it would of been his 30th birthday.. so anyone who wants to come give me a yell and we can sort stuff out.. there is camping space there too so dont worry bout drinking n riding...... Carl or Aidy can you stick this on the other site for me too...cheers guys

p.s Police still not released bike back to me yet soon as i get it back i will be shouting for help!!!!!

sandmans girl
New Poster

Post by sandmans girl »

Ooops went twice hehe

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

Glad to hear that all went well, and I hope the tribute to Wayne gets the turn-out, I'm sure the guys and gals will come out in Waynes memory.

Be strong for yourself and the little-ones, I will be thinking of you.

Regards
Pete