New addition to the family

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

New addition to the family

Post by orionburn »

Sadly I had to venture outside the Yamaha family, but my FZR finally has a little brother. Ok, brother-in-law. I've been looking for a sport standard for the past few weeks, and came to the unfortunate conclusion there's no way in hell I can afford a FZ-1 at this point in time. Found a pretty good deal on a '03 Suzuki Bandit 1200S. Only 6200 miles on the clocks. Bone stock for the moment...but that won't last for long ;) Because of the holiday weekend I won't be able to get the plates until Tuesday, and with rain forecast for the next 4 days I won't be riding much anyway, so that blows.

It's been raining off and on today, so they offered to trailer the bike down to me. She needs a good wash something fierce, but here she is:

Last edited by orionburn on Sat May 26, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Nice SCORE! Good looking bike and it has TONS of aftermarket support.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

El Bandito!!!

Welcome to the DARK side Nate!!!
:banana :banana :banana :banana

Want to go FAST??? :poke
I'm boreing a set of Bandit cases right now for a big block.....
Oh YEA!!!
Jim

Hey Kid...
Is my tail light still working?

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

FZR DREAMZ
New Poster

Post by FZR DREAMZ »

Very nice!

Love that color. :cool
Aloha and have a great day!

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

That machine's had a warm place in my heart for a long time. The only thing that ever kept me back though is if it's a 1200 then why do they limit it to a 100HP, doesn't make any sense. :roll: Although, I'm pretty sure that'll be rather simple to undo. :poke

Have fun. I too will be venturing to the dark side after my latest run-in with Yamaha and their wonderfully non-existant concern for customers.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Gidday,
The only thing that ever kept me back though is if it's a 1200 then why do they limit it to a 100HP, doesn't make any sense.
If I remember correctly, just the addition of a good aftermarket can will bring the HP to somewhere around 120!!!!

Perhaps a bit of re-jetting and your in business.

Cheers
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

I've only been able to take it out for a few short spins, but from the few times I gave the throttle a romp it's got some major power lurking in there. Definately has a sh!tload of torque. Hopefully I can find out what she can really do this coming week. The only major flaw on it is the tail section has a few scratches and a 3" long scuff. I will probably repaint it this winter, but I may just stick with that color....I do like that shade of green.

Depends, Jim. You gonna give me those cases for free?? :poke
Nate
Image Image

barneyfzr600
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by barneyfzr600 »

At least I wasn't the only one to go to Suzuki! I still came back though.................... :banana :banana
Woot, I had a FZR1K.................now I got a '02 R1, but still lookin for the right EXUP......

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I still came back though.................... Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Nup - I'm still there :banana :banana
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

If you want to go truely fast, you're going to use a Suzuki motor to do it on. All the development work ahs already been done. My Pro Mod in 1427cc guise makes 420ish rwhp with no boost. Add boost and it makes over 900hp
Jim

Hey Kid...

"...you can't tune a motor that's hurt. They run much faster on fuel then they do on aluminum." - Elmer Trett

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Holy crap, Jim. You sure you didn't mean to say "if you truly want to travel into the future" instead of just going fast??
Nate
Image Image

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

congrats oburn - looks good - nice pics

silver
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by silver »

Congrats on the find Nate ! I look forward to your review and contrast to the FZR.

Now as to Jim building 900HP rocket sleds ... NINE HUNDRED HP ? Which of the few remaining parts would be made by Yamaha ?

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

One thing I can say thus far is that it is one hell of a comfortable bike. Haven't gotten too aggressive yet with the twisties. Oh, wait, this is Indiana...there are no twisties!...lol.

Seriously, though, I've taken it out to a few spots I know of and have been impressed. I figured cornering would be a lot more difficult with the more upright position, but it isn't bad. Used to my butt being able to slide around easily on the seat of the FZR, and the one on the Bandit makes me feel like I'm velcro'd down to it. Trying to get used to the tires as well. It's got the Macadams on it right now (think those are stock). Hold the lines fairly well, but again I'm not pushing it to the limits just yet.

She's got plenty of power for being stock, but down the road I'm hoping to unleash some extra ponies. Although I don't think I'm ready for the stampede that Jim would create if I sent the block out to him :poke
Nate
Image Image

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

They only make about a hunnert horsepower stock....
there's WAY more in there for a streetbike.
Jim

Hey Kid...

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

good looking bike! i wouldn't mind finding a good example like that for myself to commute on.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Hooligan wrote:good looking bike! i wouldn't mind finding a good example like that for myself to commute on.
Honestly the Bandits are well priced for what you get. You can find a lot of them between the 3-4k price range with low miles. I love my Fizzer, but man the comfort level is so much better on the Bandit. Definately makes for a better daily commuter, and still plenty o' power to have fun.

Jim, since you're our all-knowing guy, you ever done business or heard much about Holeshot and Dale Walker? Guess he's done some serious homework into figuring out how to draw out as many ponies as possible. Lot of people recommend his jet kits and the Holeshot pipes. Wondering if you've had any experience with their stuff.
Nate
Image Image

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Knowing Jim..... he probably has Dale's number in his cell. :poke
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

dragracer1951
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by dragracer1951 »

Yea. I know Dale.
I got his number here somewhere...Nice guy and pretty quick too.
He makes some solid stuff for Bandito's and makes a very nice quick shifter as well.
Jim

Hey Kid...