yzf750 trackbike

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
stumuz666
New Poster

yzf750 trackbike

Post by stumuz666 »

just thought id share a pic or 2 of my work in progress, its a 93, just got paint, exhaust hanger + suspension+ radiator to swap round off my 95 .road bike.

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Thats looking very promising. Whats the fairing off? Wherebouts is hudd are you? I'm only t'other side of t'hill in Oldham.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.
Getting older by the day.

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

looks like its coming along

that an r6 race upper?
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

stumuz666
New Poster

Post by stumuz666 »

the bike is a standard 1993 yzf750, ive had the frame, swinger+ wheels powder coated in satin black.the tail is an early r6 race unit its only sat on at the mo tho, ive also got a r1 unit for it but it makes the bike look too long i think so im gonna use the r6 just need to sort sum mounting brackets. the fairing is a r6 race fairing ive chopped + matted to my plastic standard fairing.ive also got a 95 yzf750 so im takeing the adjustable forks+ shocker off the road bike to swap with the standard on the track 1, i think the can is a micron, i have a d+d can too but its a bit scuffed.just keeping my eye out for a gear indicator+ a steering damper then il be takeing her for a tune up+ dyno i think.
i live in marsh in hudds owdamer.

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Marsh? dont know there? is that marsden? You know anywhere local with a dyno? Theres nowhere round here that I know of. Holeshot were in Bradford but i think they've gone to ireland. Might be wrong there tho.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

stumuz666
New Poster

Post by stumuz666 »

no marsh is near, salendine nook, paddock, its just off the main road from hudds town centre to the m62, im not sure of the names but theirs a dyno in keighthley+ jordans bikes in leeds has deffo got 1.

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Ah, I know where you mean now. Been past there a few times. Some nice roads over that way.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

stumuz666
New Poster

Post by stumuz666 »

think your thinking of outlane for the nice roads, its just off the roundabout were you join the m62 . its a long twisty road that takes you up on saddleworth moor + eventualy to manchester, + yeh they are good roads ive had many a fun ride out their.uv no idea how much it cost copper slip to have his suspention + shock done have u?

owdamer
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by owdamer »

Just had a look through my pm's and I had a message from him as I had asked about his suspension. I've posted the reply below. This is from december 05 so the prices may have gone up a bit.
Hi,
reguarding suspension, I gave it to Nick, after a discussion of what
was needed, I left it with him, he can rebuild / replace to whatever level
you specify.....
Price wise, I think they are very good, I think it is about £200 for a
new bushes, seals, oil, revalve to your weight / style, rear is approx
£100 depending on parts reguired.
Anodising, approx £75, nitriding I think is about £135, although that
may be miles out.....
My rear shock is a YA 4201, a gen. ohlins shock for the YZF 750, according
to Nick's ohlins spec sheet.
Hope that answers your questions, just give Kais a ring, ask for Nick,
mention Derek from Oldham, see what he says,
I have had nothing but good honest advice, service from them.
yours Slip.
NB I am just a very happy customer of theirs.
1994 YZF750R
Bluish White Cocktail.

stumuz666
New Poster

Post by stumuz666 »

sounds reasonable enuff, then again you cant realy put a price on haveing confidence in the front end can u, il have to get them off the bike then il get in touch with kais+ see what they say, shame their not nearer to me but you cant have it all eh.
cheers for that. :)
ride it like you stole it

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

owdamer wrote:Marsh? dont know there? is that marsden? You know anywhere local with a dyno? Theres nowhere round here that I know of. Holeshot were in Bradford but i think they've gone to ireland. Might be wrong there tho.
There's a couple nearish to you - Hobbsport in Shipley W. Yorks (http://www.hobbsportracing.co.uk/) and Motrac Racing in Ellesmere Port (http://www.motrac-racing.com/)

Dave