Yzf 750R Project

The say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at what the other EXUP Worldwide members ride, or post your own pride & joy. Please use your submission point, or post your own link.
Aj750r
New Poster

Yzf 750R Project

Post by Aj750r »

I just came across EXUP Worldwide the other day, wish I had found out about it sooner! Thought I'd do a little intro of my bike

Well about this time last year I capped off the end of what had been a little over a year improving a bike I love and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It has come a long way considering I bought it from a stunter who had covered the whole thing in fur... well what was left of it. I worked on getting fairings for it right away, tuning up the engine and suspension came next. After that I rode it unchanged for almost a year until this spring. Here are some pics of the progress

When I first picked it up

Beautiful I know...

Not all that long after, donated from the '94 parts bike I eventually purchased

At the start of last season

And the end of last season which is how she sits today (aside from the license plate being located in a much more legal fashion...)

Well there it is! What do ya think? I'm very happy with it

I also will probably be posting up several items from my parts bike in the near future- in the mean time if you're interested in anything feel free to PM me; I have almost everything aside from bodywork and wheels

Outlaw
Veteran Poster

Post by Outlaw »

Good job, big improvement!

:welcome

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

Post by goingtoscotland »

i think i like it better as a streetfighter :X. the tail didn't really match and it could have used a new speedo.

but then i am partial to fighters. but a good job getting her back to stock. had the previous owner wrecked it?
Last edited by goingtoscotland on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1989 FZR-1000 Streetfighter currently parting out. make me an offer.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I think you've done a great job getting it to your liking. Think it looks great!!!
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Aj750r
New Poster

Post by Aj750r »

Thanks for the comments! I do like street fighter bikes but it being covered in 1 inch long fur was not quite to my liking... Also the headlights were literally taped on, and I felt the tank and rear fairing looked too big the way they were. Obviously its personal preference but I definitely like it better how it is now than when I got it- perhaps part of it is knowing I helped make it look that way

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

i didn't even realize it was furred out. i just thought it was matte paint. yeah definitely better now

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

where in minnesota are you from? should go riding some time if you're anywhere near sioux falls

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Great to see another excellent bike rescued from an ignominious death!

Well done and many happy miles to ya!

We're waiting to see what you upgrade on it next :popcorn
because improvements are like potato crisps, you can't have just one!
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

Aj750r
New Poster

Post by Aj750r »

goingtoscotland wrote:where in minnesota are you from? should go riding some time if you're anywhere near sioux falls
I am in Duluth, pretty much as far as it gets from Sioux Falls- My parents live a bit west of Minneapolis though and I go riding down there fairly frequently. We could probably arrange something this summer

Aj750r
New Poster

Post by Aj750r »

hotcam wrote:Great to see another excellent bike rescued from an ignominious death!

Well done and many happy miles to ya!

We're waiting to see what you upgrade on it next :popcorn
because improvements are like potato crisps, you can't have just one!
Thanks!
And isn't that the truth! Oddly last year I actually took a mod off- I had a D&D exhaust and actually loved how it sounded, it was just about 100 db louder than my liking... I even got the middle finger a few times from some drivers on the freeway! Now after a little modification I'm rocking the D&D header's and the stock midpipe/muffler

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Very nice job. Alot better then fur. Although cleaning would have been easier with just vacuuming the fur. :)
:bfg

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

G'day Aj750r,
Much better that way. How may miles on the parts bike, are you thinking of breaking it?