Some pics from the loooong gone summer of 2005

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
cterror
Veteran Poster

Some pics from the loooong gone summer of 2005

Post by cterror »

mainly racepics.... and an small confession from me to the begginning.... yes, I changed to gixxer1000 for racing purposes. no fear of getting out of the yamaha - camp though, for there are 2 x R6 in our team and I still have my yzf1040sp as hobby :D

http://cterror00.tripod.com/race_photos_05/

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Nice Pics

Post by djalbin »

Nice pics cterror Image

How did your team place in the enduro ? No sin committed with the GSX-R. Ride any bike you can get if you have an opportunity to roadrace it. Plus, it's good experience to switch off to other bikes on the track. Makes you a better rider.

Don

cterror
Veteran Poster

Re: Nice Pics

Post by cterror »

djalbin wrote:Nice pics cterror Image

How did your team place in the enduro ? No sin committed with the GSX-R. Ride any bike you can get if you have an opportunity to roadrace it. Plus, it's good experience to switch off to other bikes on the track. Makes you a better rider.

Don
Unfortunately we had an DNF on the scoreboard on lap 45 from place 19 out of 45. The R6 of JLauros doesnt have alternator and the bike run out of electricity. Dumb ass us, we should have gone to the race with the bike that has, but that R6 is scaringly fast as it is built for SS600 and placed 5th on our national serie in 2003. We had our doubts on the battery lasting the whole 200miles but since other teams also ran without alternators we took our chances... U got to bet to win an so an... :D
next year well do it with two bikes, the gix1000 and the R6 (with alternator this time)
very nice event that race, since its out of official scores and mainly designed for an mid-summer fun for all teams. So theres an rare chance for guys like me (slow and lardy) to race with the best in finland. All teams run the same track, groupA (big-boys) and us rookie riders.... some guys were so fast they almost took the paint out of our R6 side when passing :D

jjs777
Co-Admin

Re: Nice Pics

Post by jjs777 »

cterror wrote:
djalbin wrote:Nice pics cterror Image

Don
.....So theres an rare chance for guys like me (slow and lardy) to race with the best in finland. All teams run the same track, groupA (big-boys) and us rookie riders.... some guys were so fast they almost took the paint out of our R6 side when passing :D
if those pics are of you on the white/red gixxer...you dont look slow

lol on the r6 and missing paint