I've been too long waiting for this...

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

oops sorry stan! fixed :oops:

Hey, when you gonna get a bike? Whatcha gonna get? Every time
I see another 2009 R1 with awesome-sounding crossplane crank and noisy
mufflers on it, I'm in love with the R1 again. Then I ride my FZR
and it's all good...
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

hotcam wrote: I bit the bullet and did what all y'all suggested.
Spoke to Michael at Tracktune and um, someone, at ASR, and
Biketek too. Michael remembered Steve and his bike, and all were helpful.
and there's not much you
can do to the internals except change the oil (unless you put new
guts in the fork $$$$ )
There ya are all done. Mick told me the same thing about the forks. So we just kept changing the oil weight, & the amount untill we got them pretty good, IMO there wouldnt be anymore we could do. But I can tell you they work fine.. :banana

If you cant get 10s get 9.5 springs, there would be bugger all difference anyway, & you'd have them in & the bike running. BTW another word on the fork oil, go a little harder than you think, PLUS 10 to 15mls more than the book says, that will shortcut a lot of testing.. I think my bike takes 425mls, & we ended up with 440mls.. Less air, more oil makes the damper work better, But rememeber you can go to far & get hydrolic locking.
Look out spook Cams getting smarter & he'll be faster next time. I'd love to come down & do a day at Broardford, they have the historics there, but its the same weekend as the Barry Sheene weekend! Bugger! Better still you guys come up for the Barry Sheene!!!!!!
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

You should get your arse down here Steve! Who knows, I may come up to the Barry Sheene Fest just for a look?

I'm not in a race with Cam, just happy to see him improving. He has a natural style on the bike and I have no doubt he will get quicker with the pursuance of form, but the only way he will be able to do that is get to the track a couple of times a month. :poke

I'm still improving also... Once I get into the 1.02's that's gonna be it for me... I've got a very expensive pelvis I want to keep in one piece!

So the race is just against my lap timer.... See if that holds true next time i turn up for a social club race...lol. I also have a very competitive head on my shoulders :) We will see what wins in the end.

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Just thinking [it hurts sometimes] But I think 9.5 springs may be a little heavy for your bike Cam, you will still be using it as a road bike, I can tell my bike in not suited to road use.. Its just to rough to ride. Having that in mind, I think 8.5 springs & 10W oil would be a good compramise.[spelling]
Wait untill I get Stans bike here & I'll do some fiddling & see what is the best set up for road, then look at what I have done on the race bike, & somewere in the middle should be good.

Its would make it a bit of a pig on the road & a good track day bike, but you dont want that. So backing off on what I have done would be my advice..
What do you thing spook??
PS it would be great to see you guys at the 6 Hour in November. I'll be doing the support races on the Fridy & 4 races on the Satarday..
Have a look>>>
http://www.the6hour.com.au/
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Finally got around to setting up a video share thingy.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/hotcam/videos/1/
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"