Time to let go, siff siff.

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Time to let go, siff siff.

Post by sbutler »

Well Ive just finished the FZR & its now waiting for Mike to pick it up.
Its ready to go & Im a little sad. Its become a part of my life. Thinking back to when I get it, & how our collective efforts, got it into a winning postion & a truly fast & competive bike. The trial's & heartake, & the emence plesure of blasting megger doller bikes with it, are really great memorys.

Now for the next chapter. Of which you guys had a hand in. I was happy to give it up this year, but team exup talked me out of it. I found some lost drive & Ive been prepairing the GSXR for racing & its nearly ready, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics of them together. The next time they meet it will be in battle at the Barry Sheene meeting.

The master

The new kid

The 750 has BIG SHOE'S TO FILL
Last edited by sbutler on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Gotta say that that wasn't my favorite model GSXR but that thing looks pretty slick :)

(Don't know about battle Steve but we will sit on the same grid :) )

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

You'll be right, just look out for anyone in front of you, because off the line, they will soon be behind you!!! :banana
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Nice looking raceglass on the FZR. Does it have a one piece lower? What's the spec of the GSXR Steve??

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

The glass on the FZR is from the USA Airtech I think its called. Once I got it we made moulds so now you can get it from here.

The GSXR is pretty much standard. Its got Wiseco 12.5 to 1 pistons, 39mm FCR carbs, Yoshimura AMA air box & snorkle's.
Its got a stock shock, but its full of ractech guts. He did the same thing as I did with the FZR, had a think about it, & built a Frankinstain shock with racetech spring, works as well as the exoctic shocks. Forks have got racetech guts & spring. Other than that its a orignial 96 Lucky Strike GSXR, right down to the plastic's.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Well Mike & Paul have headed off the QLD
with the FZR in tow. Its pissing down rain, they must have bought it with them from sunny QLD. :poke
They should arrive home at around 7pm tonight.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Well I conned a mate into coming for a drive to Mr Butler's place to pick up the Peter Jakson FZR. We left my place at 7:00 pm last night and arrived back home at 7:30 pm tonight. So a bit over 24 hours and 1,740 kms (1087 miles).

To add to the excitement we went through some of the heaviest and persistent rain I have seen in years. Had the car aqua planing and the trailer fish tailing a few times!! That is the third time I have done that sort of trip to pick up bikes in the last 12 months. I'm getting too old for this shit :)

Anyway I know have a bike pretty well ready to start next season which is great as it means I can now relax for the rest of my holiday, Can't wait to get out there next year. :)

Thanks for hospitality and the chin wag Steve. Shame I had to get back on the road. Nothing much more relaxing than sitting in the garage watching the rain and talking bike stuff. Cheers :)

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Mike_SS wrote: Anyway I know have a bike pretty well ready to start next season which is great as it means I can now relax for the rest of my holiday, Can't wait to get out there next year. :)
Yeah right, you wont be able to sit there while there is a new toy to play with. Go on, get it over with. Fit the ignition switch, & the new slicks. Go on you know you want to.
ENJOY
Steve.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Ignition switch? Here's a link to a post buy Ozzy regarding a race wiring harness. It's about 4 wires and would eliminate 1/2 a kilo and any future problems :)

http://www.exupworldwide.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10103

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

I dont know whats going, but it hasnt stopped pissing down since Mike SS came & picked up the FZR. Bloody sun probably shinning up there in [sunny] QLD No fireworks for us tonight:roll:
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.