Barry Sheene Festival of Speed Race Report

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Just heard from a little bird that, next years BSfos is gonna be billed as the ANZAC challange. There is supposed to be a lot of intrest from the Kiwi's, to come over in hords & ruffle a few Aussie fethers. So kiwi & his mates might get to play at the Creek with us.. I think it would be fantastic!
It would be a fresh approch by the club, & fresh maketing.
I think it would be a great way of advitising the Barry Sheene event..
Last edited by sbutler on Sat May 08, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I think they will have to firstly introduce P6 to the Island Classic, if that was the case.... Many would come over and do both. it's well and truly time that P6 was ratified.

The money and effort and development that is been put into these bikes is ridiculous taking into account at present it is been done in the best of faith, but only really a guess. Sooner the better than later. :rant

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

The date of the BSfos has been changed so it doesnt clash with the MA sponsored Broardford Bonanza..All locked in I beleive.??
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Do you know the dates Steve?? If it's not Easter it's harder for us interstaters to make it (which you might like, its turning into an FZR1000 cup!!)

Does that mean you made it to the famous Doyalson RSL for the PCRA May meeting or is that next week??

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

JasonL wrote:Do you know the dates Steve?? If it's not Easter it's harder for us interstaters to make it (which you might like, its turning into an FZR1000 cup!!)

Does that mean you made it to the famous Doyalson RSL for the PCRA May meeting or is that next week??
The Doyalson meeting is Wed the 19/5/10.. I'll be going to that, its only 5 minutes away!!! :rofl

I cant find the date for the Barry/Anzac meeting? But its either the weekend before or after Easter. :oops:
FZR cup ay? I rememeber when Mick Onrust & I were the only FZRs in the pack. Someone has been talking them up i'd say.

I suppose it stands to reson that they were the gun bike when they came out, so they are now too.
I would like an 89 model like yours, I think that the way to go now.
If P6 gets off the ground next year, & Im still interested I think Ill head down the FZR path once again. Pre modern is getting way too serious, lap 1.38s at the creek is way above of my skill level, :scared
So I might slip into P6/new era, or slip right back into retirement all together. Just see how I feel at the end of the year.. ;)
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Steve,

But P6 will get that quick, and I'm surprised there aren't people in it that quick already. Look at the P5 times for example. I suppose Murray was not far off on a fairly stock GSXR1100 but no-one's turned up in P6 with a genuine Superbike spec bike just yet.

When you go to Doyalson, ask Marcus and John Simms if they had their Historic commission meeting yet and what was discussed regarding P6.

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

I got a letter from PCRA saying the dates for 2011 are April 1-3 (that is 3 weeks before Easter next year). Supp Regs ready by September 2010.

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike