Moto GP 2010

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Moto GP 2010

Post by stan »

well the season has started and the more things change, the more they seem to stay the same

THE SAME: Rossi wins, Stoner throws away 25 "gold dust" points, Lorenzo rides through the pain barrier to get on the podium, Pedrosa show glimpses of brilliance, but fails to deliver, Malandi at the back of the pack and way off the pace, Suzuki saying it handles well, we just need more HP

THE CHANGE: Dovitsioso has shown the change to Ohlins late last year has worked a treat, his team mate has finally made the jump but is struggling to come to terms with it, and the acusition of a Yamaha software tech has the Honda with a bit of mumbo (when was the last time a Honda out dragged a Ducati to the line (sorry Nicky Haden)
On the topic of Hayden, man what a ride, that new Ducati must be getting easier to ride, that was his best ride yet of the Italian team, and he was on pace all weekend
Randy DePuiniet with a level head to real off constant lap times to be the best of the non works Hondas, ahead of Pedrosa

I always look fowards to the Suzuka GP, but it may be in doubt due to the current avaition transport problems, rumors are about that it may be re-sheduled for later in the year :hissy

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: Moto GP 2010

Post by hotcam »

stan wrote:well the season has started ...
I always look fowards to the Suzuka GP, but it may be in doubt due to the current avaition transport problems, rumors are about that it may be re-sheduled for later in the year :hissy
stan
Nicely put! Yes I just heard on TV (Channel ONE sports) they may reschedule.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Well, this season is going to be interesting now. Rossi is supposed to be out for 4 races due to breaking his leg this past weekend.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Now the real circus starts.

I've been thinking about how this might effect the rider market for next year, in a nut shell, heres how i think it might work out

Casey to Repsol Honda along side Dani. A very formidible matchup for a fired up Honda who have been aggresive in there recent recruting

lorenzo becomes the top man at Yamaha, joined by the displaced Dovitsioso, (remembering that FIAT sponsor Yamaha, and would want an Italian rider)

That leves Ducati looking for a new lead rider, and Rossi looking for somewhere to see out his carrer, along side a retained Hayden

all hyperthetical of course, but thought i'd put it out there

stan

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I've been thinking about how this might effect the rider market for next year, in a nut shell, heres how i think it might work out

Casey to Repsol Honda along side Dani. A very formidible matchup for a fired up Honda who have been aggresive in there recent recruting

lorenzo becomes the top man at Yamaha, joined by the displaced Dovitsioso, (remembering that FIAT sponsor Yamaha, and would want an Italian rider)

That leves Ducati looking for a new lead rider, and Rossi looking for somewhere to see out his carrer, along side a retained Hayden

all hyperthetical of course, but thought i'd put it out there

stan
I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there stan.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

The Yamaha team...I dunno. Lorenzo is young and he is good (although I'm not a fan of his). Rossi has the following. Both make sense for Yamaha to try and keep, but they may opt to go with Lorenzo since Rossi doesn't have a lot of seasons left. Personally I'd like to see Rossi stay with Yamaha and for Lorenzo to do. Either way I don't see these guys being teamates after the next round of contracts.

Despite some setbacks Spies is looking like he's going to do well in MotoGP. Once he gets his feet wet I can see him moving up to a factory team. I hate to say it, but I don't see Colin being around in GP much longer. He qualifies so well but almost always drops 4-5 spots in the first lap. Maybe he'll follow in the steps of Checa and those guys that went back to FIM after their GP days were behind them.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

We will see, i just love the fact the current crop of young guns in Moto Gp are all so young, Dani 23 Casey 22 Lorenzo 21

but have to agree with you on Spies, he has had to learn all the tracks so far, so we'll see how he goes at a track he's been to before. He apparently struggles on newer tyres, as he likes the bike moving around a bit more, maybe a superbike trait, thats why you see him moving through the field at the end of a race.

stan

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Stoner to Honda......Tick

this leaves the way open for a move to RED for Rossi

The roumor mill has both Dovi and Pedrossa riding for HRC next year, so maybe a 2 bike Repsol team, and a one bike Red Bull team, who rides what who knows

So that leaves a seat on the M1, maybe Spies to the factory team and the Frenchman DePuinet to Tech 3????

time will tel

stan

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I don't see Rossi ever heading back to Red though after they pissed'm off so bad years ago. I'm not sure why everyone thinks his days are numbered though, he's still pretty young isn't he?

Agree with CE unfortunately though, don't think he's got the stuff for consistent podium finishes.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Rossi is 31 as of Feb this year.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

hmmmpph,

Seemed just yesterday he was that young 23yr old punk climbing the chain link fence.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I'm not a huge fan of Rossi, though think he has a championship or two left in him. His leg will probably provide him with a challenge, and he seem's to like them.

Unfortunately, this years rider movements are more interesting than the racing at present.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Doohan was 29 when he won his first title, and may well have taken a 6th in '99 aged 34 had he not banged himself up too badly. I found the statistic that Rossi had started every single race since '96 the most remarkable, more so than his podium percentages, wins etc. Seems likely he will go to Ducati.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

With Stoner signed with Honda it certainly opens the door.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Rossi to Ducati....Tick

I'm 2 for 3

Now all i need to do is find a home for Dovi, if Honda can't raise extra funds for a 3rd factory bike, he may very well be left without a seat when the music stops, although a very nice clause in his contract sees him with a pay cheque from HRC next year, regardless of where he ends up!

Seems like both seats will be up for grabs at Tech3, with Spies moving to the factory team, and Edwards set to top up his retirement fund with a move to Ducati in WSBK

stan

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Bring Max back!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Edwards set to top up his retirement fund with a move to Ducati in WSBK
Hmm, i hadn't heard that one, thanks stan.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

JasonL wrote:Bring Max back!
He is!

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Cant wait to see Casey on a Honda, he hasnt been happy with the Duke or the factory for a couple of years. I think he'll get another couple of world championships before he hangs the leathers up.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

I reckon you're right, steve, Casey definitely has what it takes but something is holding him back at Ducati. Interesting to see how he goes at Honda.
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"