What to do?

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

What to do?

Post by spook »

I've heard through Jason that it is somewhat likely that the P6 class will be ratified in the near future, and, that there is a likelihood that there will be a 750 production superbike class in there somewhere. This sort of creates a dilemma for myself as, (most of you know) I have a FZ750 and OW01 that I'm (slowly) getting together to race.

Because of the 500-1300 cc rules sort of currently in place, intentions for both have been to take them out to the largest capacity practical.

But with this news intention have rapidly changed. Any one have any heads up on these rumours? Cheers

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

At the Wednesday PCRA club meeting the main draft rules were announced as:

Classes up to:

125cc GP
250cc Proddy
250cc GP
750cc Superbike (meaning 750cc for 4 cyl 4 stroke and 1000cc for 2 cyl 4 stroke)
1100cc

Upside down forks out
End 90 cut off
No v-twin 250 Yamaha’s

At the MNSW Annual Meeting the following day the rules differed as such:

750cc (Larger twins run in 1100cc)
Original upside down fork allowed if originally fitted to the bike

Seems the vfr 400 will now be way out of its league to with class changes running in f2!
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Spook with some luck there will be a Superbike class AND a production class. There should be since the majority of P6 bikes running around now fall under what I'd consider as production.

Therefore an Ow01 I think would still be a production bike until it has the kit put in it and/or is modified further, beyond proddie rules. Check the PCRA website for what they define as production.

Historic Commission annual meeting minutes are due up on the MA website anyday and these will at least show what the next step is, which should be to issue draft rules for comment. But it all still has to be "approved" by MA

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

We don't have enough racers to get that fancy! We have one class for older bikes, 10 years or older fall under Sportsman, everything else is split up based on displacement or bike style (motard, GP 2strokes...) Good to see you guys have enough demand to have so many classes! One day maybe, one day...

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Your PCRA sounds a little strict compared to us over the ditch.

In our classes you can make any modification to the bike which is within the period time frame excepting upsidown forks (unless original equipment), engine castings must be original (no big blocks), no turbo charging or FI unless original equipment.

Ok, there are a few other bits and pieces, but basically that's it, and the result is the fastest growing class in NZ and some really quick bikes turning up.

So, feel free to build a monster superbike spook, and bring it over this side for a holiday and a few race meetings :)

Oh yeah, it did help that duke22 was the person who instigated the pre'89 class and set up the rules :banana

You can check out how us kiwi's do it here:

http://www.nzpostclassics.org.nz/index. ... PCRA_Rules
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o