THE KIWI'S ARE ON THEIR WAY

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

The northerners[QLD] use different set again, so hows this all gonna work??
Easy really, well just go with the rules that give us kiwi's any advantage we can get... :)

These days I'm on the outside of the process as I stepped down from the NZPCRA board last year, but I'll keep you updated as information is released.

From what I've been told, the poms can't run 4 valve motors in their pre'82 class and that puts them at a disadvantage when they come down for the PI meeting, and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg.

I know some of the NZ racers are going over for the Australian September Nationals and they'll probably use the oportunity to sit down and see where common ground can be found.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

For a second there I thought y'all were still talking about sheep and what the rules were.

Now I see the talk is back to racing. It is back to the racing topic..... right?
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

For a second there I thought y'all were still talking about sheep and what the rules were.

Now I see the talk is back to racing. It is back to the racing topic..... right?
:ha
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Well, it's all getting serious now...

Last week I had a full medical exam and a tension ecg for the license application, both of which I passed easily, and today I dropped in all the paper work for getting the bike to Aussie and back.

As soon as I get the written ecg report back, I'll fire it all off and get the FIM international racing license sorted and insurance put in place :banana

2005 SV996R SOLD

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Well, it's all getting serious now...
:banana

Had a set back in my rehabilitation estimate yesterday but should still be right for April. :)

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

So i will catch up with you in April then will Kiwi
I'm looking foward to supporting you all during the weekend, so if anybody has a spare pit pass for the weekend, i'll be happy to push start as many bikes, and clean as many visors as needed

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

i'll be happy to push start as many bikes, and clean as many visors as needed
:)

I'm looking forward to catching up with you again stan, but I wouldn't do that to you - I think I nearly killed Duke22 when he was trying to push start the FZR last weekend - the compression might be a little high, however, I'm building a set of start rollers over Christmas powered by a 4.5 hp 24 volt truck starter motor, that should do the trick :banana

but should still be right for April
Sounds good Mike, I'm looking forward to putting a face to the name :P

2005 SV996R SOLD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

So what set of rules are they gonna use??
Here we seem to have a few sets just between states. Jay said its a different set in VIC.
The northerners[QLD] use different set again, so hows this all gonna work??
I would imagine they will have to work along the same guidelines that they use at the PI Classis, that being that generally we are allowed to run our bikes as per the NZ Post Classic rule book; which should be pretty close to your rules (I would be pretty certian that they would already have a copy of our rules prior to the BSFOS invitation beng offered).

There have been situations in the past where we allow for instance, a more modern 17" tyre diameter in some classes to allow better tyre availability, and this has been ok'ed as having to buy new wheels and tyres would result in empty containers.

The way it works over here is: if the compeditor can prove that a modification (that is not covered in the rule book) was common place during the period, then it will be submitted to the NZPCRA for approval.
However if someone turns up with a radial front brake master cylinder for instance, they will be allowed to race on the day but will gain no points and will have to replace the offending article before the next race meeting or risk being excluded at scrutineering.
Other examples are: no upsidown forks unless they are period standard equipment like on the 1989 ZXR400 BUT these cannot be used on any other bike other than the original model.
Fuel injection is allowed only if orginal equipment, and cannot be modifed to be used on another machine etc etc

Have a look at our rule book here:

http://www.nzpostclassics.org.nz/index. ... PCRA_Rules

Were quite happy to let you run what you brung if it's close enough over this side, so I don't see any major issues. :)

2005 SV996R SOLD

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

BSFOS in 2011 is out for me :cry:

Went to have what I thought would be my final Xray and clearance to start going hard and instead got told humeris is not completely healed yet and to back off on physio a bit....not what I was expecting. Really dissapointed as I will miss at least one round, maybe two rounds, of club championship as well as the Barry Sheene!

Will use the extra time to finish new bike build I guess.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Sorry to hear that Mike, are you still going to come down for a look and a beer?

2005 SV996R SOLD

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

That's my next problem. My niece is getting married that Saturday and whilst I was willing to face my sister's wrath by racing instead, I am not sure if I could miss it just to go and watch. Will see.

On a brighter note, there is some momentum in a couple of us coming over and doing some BEARs racing in NZ at the end of the year :)

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

My niece is getting married that Saturday and whilst I was willing to face my sister's wrath by racing instead, I am not sure if I could miss it just to go and watch. Will see.
I'd attend the wedding - you'll only get the one opportunity, plus there's something special about seeing the girl you watched growing up getting married... :)

On a brighter note, there is some momentum in a couple of us coming over and doing some BEARs racing in NZ at the end of the year
Sounds interesting, what are you riding?

Duke22 runs a Ducati 748, so you should get to swap some paint with him.

2005 SV996R SOLD

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Sounds interesting, what are you riding?
I would bring my 748 and a mate would bring his 916. :)

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Definatley some paint swapping to be done then :banana

2005 SV996R SOLD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I picked up a steel bike packing crate on Saturday morning and did the trail pack with the FZR - perfect :banana

Then, off down to supercheap auto for a 300 litre tool chest to get all the other stuff into (start rollers, tools, lube, tyre warmers, stands) - no problems there.

Just have to make a couple of protector frames for the spare rims with wets fitted (so the discs are protected during transit), and make up some spacers for the spare wheels and were pretty much there and ready to pack the container on March 5th.

That leaves me a week and a bit to panic about what I've forgotten to pack :roll:

2005 SV996R SOLD

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Time is ticking away, i was really looking foward to a weekend of bike racing in april, but a change in my current work status, to "between jobs" means i don't know what i'll be doing next week, let alone in a month's time, so here's hoping

stan

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

my current work status, to "between jobs"
That's not good news stan, do you think you'll head back to Melbourne or stay in the warm (wet) north?

2005 SV996R SOLD

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

We hope to see out the year here in Hervey Bay, then head back south before the start of school next year. My oldest daughter starts Secondary school next year, so i need to get settled before then, but i'm still hopefull of a flying trip to Sydney in April

Stan

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

stan wrote:We hope to see out the year here in Hervey Bay, then head back south before the start of school next year. My oldest daughter starts Secondary school next year, so i need to get settled before then, but i'm still hopefull of a flying trip to Sydney in April

Stan
You & the mrs can stay with us Marty. We are an hour from the creek & will be comming home sat night .. Im just interested in how the rules are gonna work. Our P6 is up to 12/1990.??? NZ is 12/1989, Some pretty big changes took place in that one year. I'll be racing my 12/1989 Suzuki gsxr750L in P6, & the 750T in pre modern. So hows this gonna work for out NZ buddys??
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Im just interested in how the rules are gonna work. Our P6 is up to 12/1990.??? NZ is 12/1989, Some pretty big changes took place in that one year. I'll be racing my 12/1989 Suzuki gsxr750L in P6, & the 750T in pre modern. So hows this gonna work for out NZ buddys??
As far as we're concerned, we're not changing anything on our bikes and the official line is 'if is ok here, then it's ok in Australia', so the reverse will apply as well.

At the end of the day, we're coming over for a good time, fast riding and a few beers, so it'll all come out in the wash - I think...

2005 SV996R SOLD