FZR race colours

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
JasonL
Veteran Poster

FZR race colours

Post by JasonL »

Now I have some race glass for the 89 EXUP I'm toying with a half decent paint job, and have been pondering some old Yamaha race colours. Since we're in Oz a local flavour would help although its not vital. It should also be 80's or not later. I like the Cadbury Boost UK colours as something a bit different but they are 90's, Loctite also. I like the classic Roberts Yellow and black, also the Steve Baker TZ750 Black/red Akai scheme.....Galouises Sarron.... in Oz we had Yamahas in Peter Jackson (done!) and Marlboro red/white....Lucky Strike late 80's GP / Suzuka 8-hr maybe...unfortunately my leathers are green blue and white, not Yam colours at all.

Dunno, what do people think??

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Re: FZR race colours

Post by spook »

JasonL wrote:unfortunately my leathers are green blue and white, not Yam colours at all.
Drop over in your leathers and I'll paint you in 2k... I can add an elastifier to ensure longlivity :)

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Well, they're not past it but they are getting on - if I suddenly find some "extra" race funds I'll buy new leathers!!!

Might paint the Marchesini though! (that's the other bit, what to do wheel colour-wise

spook

Post by spook »

Come on Jason... we know you want to... :poke

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

something Genuine Aussie Yamaha, an original Mike Dowson TZ750 spied at Phillip Island Classic Jan 09

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Has to be a Marlboro red/white replica Jason. What great history was made here on the Doohan/Dowson/Magee FZR1000s!!!!!!! Its the only way to go IMO
John Allman at Mototech still has all the spec's on them. It'd be a snack to do, & look the part.
Look>> http://www.mcnews.com.au/Riders/MickDoo ... /page3.htm
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

spook

Post by spook »

That 88 FZR750 of Doohan's looks familiar :)