Show us a lap of your local track

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Show us a lap of your local track

Post by kiwi60 »

I was looking around a bit on youtube (lets admit it - I've been trapped in there for the last hour), and I got to thinking...we all tell each other about our racing exploits at out local tracks, but wouldn't it be interesting to see what the track is like.

So...I trawled around for a while and finally found a good racing speed clip of Pukekohe Raceway just south of Auckland, New Zealand, which is the nearest track to me and as such must be the local.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTQ_sBPI ... re=related
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

I love the behind the wheel camera angle. That's a FAST track! Mine's not a single lap but you get the idea quickly and can stop viewing, as the lap record is sub-minute (I'm nowhere close) this video is a whole race. The first corner after the start leads to the long straight (400 yards) so riding an Ace on that track is like hammering finishing nails with a sledgehammer, but no one has ever accused me of being subtle anyway...

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Cam has a few laps of Broadford on here somewhere. Down the bottom of this page there are laps of Phillip Island and Eastern Creek :)

http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Cheers spook, I'll start studying the EC one for next Easter :banana
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I thought that might have been of interest!

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Heres a few laps of the Eastern Creek from last weekend. The guy was behind me most of the time, so he got some good footage of my old school style, we had a great race. Ive got the blue & white leathers with the white boots bike 20. At the 1.34 mark hes on me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOYZCWmBYGY
Last edited by sbutler on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Broadford. I'm in front of the camera bike for a few laps, white VFR, green and white leathers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF-a7dYG5Ek

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Heres a few laps of the Eastern Creek from last weekend. The guy was behind me most of the time, so he got some good footage of my old school style, we had a great race. Ive got the blue & white leathers with the white boots bike 20. At the 1.54 mark hes on me.
Looks like he sat behind you and learned your lines, then made a good banzai pass of you and the othe bike on the inside under braking.

Nothing the matter with that riding style Steve - quite impressive actually :P

But I might have to get some new leathers sorted before Easter - mine are looking a little 'used' compared to yours...

2005 SV996R SOLD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Broadford. I'm in front of the camera bike for a few laps, white VFR, green and white leathers
Now thats nice close racing and Broadford looks like a lot of fun too!!

2005 SV996R SOLD

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Here is a vid of Morgan Park where we have our club championships. The vid is of a Clubsport Lites race. Jump ahead to about 03:50 to get to start of race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P125vGszUfI

1994 YZF750R Race/Track Bike
1992 FZR1000 Race/Track Bike

uthornsfan
Regular Poster

Post by uthornsfan »

Closest track to me.

Harris Hill Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE-qIiYda5k

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

kiwi60 wrote:
Looks like he sat behind you and learned your lines, then made a good banzai pass of you and the othe bike on the inside under braking.

Nothing the matter with that riding style Steve - quite impressive actually :P

But I might have to get some new leathers sorted before Easter - mine are looking a little 'used' compared to yours...
Thanks kiwi. I ended up doing the same to him in the next race. he passed me on lap 1 of 5 so I followed then pounced comming onto the straight. I got good drive & trumped him on the line.
He rides very well & is a demon under brakes. So I had to use my rat cunning, & didnt go past because he would have out braked me again.. I really enjoy racing him, he has some really strong points that I can learn.. Fun fun fun!!
Have a look>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoyswwR ... re=related
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.