SPLINTER RACING GROUP FORMED

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

SPLINTER RACING GROUP FORMED

Post by kiwi60 »

Here in NZ there has been trouble brewing between the post classic racers and other classes due to the technology of our machines, the rising cost of racing and us constanlty pushing the boundries of the rule book with our interpretations.

As a result of all the hassle, I have formed a splinter organisation to take advantage of the latest building technology and apply it to the era of machinery we know and love.

The bikes are knot what you would expect, but are with in the abilities of the average home handyman to build with tools already on hand...

“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Is it still a hard tail if it's made of softwood?

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Is it still a hard tail if it's made of softwood?
:funny I ididn't see that one coming!!!!!!!!

I'm working with the local pet shop to obtain trained termites, to hollow out the frame in specific areas, and then we can dial in any flex needed for added handling attributes :P

After Duke22 got back from the P.I. Classic meeting, I think there is a possibility for a Pacific Island Series as they already have a domestic series in Papua/ New Guinea...

and the Americans are also developing their own style of bike

unfortunatley the Japanese have seen a potential market and are moving to capitalize on it already

Yes it's the weekend, and yes I do have too much time on my hands today :)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

As always the germans have more, well, puzzling approach.
http://www.allwaze.com/images/woodcraft ... rbikeb.gif

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I've seen pics of that first machine before

I believe it was made by the same guy who invented your old wooden wagon.... you know .... The good old RED FLYER

When he went to name his new cruiser bike, he wanted to stay in tradition so he called it the .... YELLOW FLEXER!!!
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin