MOTO GP 2011

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Yes, watching that unfold sickened me. Upsetting. I'll miss the likeable lanky Italian with the big hair.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

This last while has been hard on racers, 2 wheels or 4. Careful out there guys.

A friends Dad just passed away this morning, the reaper's been busy.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

As people who have a passion for 2 wheels, its upsetting when anyone we know pass away while enjoing something we enjoy.

I've never met Simonchelli, probly never would have. I have watched him race motorcycles for many years as he rose up through the ranks. I invested time in getting to know the personality, as i have with many motorcycle racers over a 25 year period i have been following bike racing

I fell ripped off that i dont have the chance to see him reach his potential, but in life, not everyone makes it

Ciao Marco, you funny boof head italian

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

He had talent, I personally didn't like him. Started from the 250 days. Sorry to see him pass.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

HOlY Crap!!

Wow, a guy's away for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

RIP mr. Simoncelli
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook

Post by spook »

sickle44 wrote:Wow, a guy's away for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.
Where were you... South Pole??? :poke

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

It was really strange the way the front tire hooked-up and brought Marco across the inside of the turn. Usually at that lean angle the front tucks under and low-sides off the outside. Marco lived only a few blocks away from Rossi and they were friends off-track. It was Rossi and Edwards who ran over Marco. There was nothing they could do to avoid it. It's got to be the worst experience in their racing careers. It will be interesting to see how well they recover from it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/others ... crash.html
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

It was really strange the way the front tire hooked-up and brought Marco across the inside of the turn
I think he was trying to save it and one way of doing that is to turn the front wheel into the slide to pick it up, and it's possibly grabbed and initiated the turn in front of Edwards and Rossi.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Spook wrote:Where were you... South Pole???
In the garage working likely. No speed Vision so the only MotoGp news I get, I get mostly from you guys, & the internet.
Michael

spook

Post by spook »

No free to air broadcast? Man that sucks! :cry:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Nope,

Man our peasant view consists of 3 or 4 channels pending on whether or not you are holding the rabbit ears right or not and one french station which is occasionnally watched cause them frenchies show boobies some times.

Although, right now, with only a coaxil cable acting as an antenna, all our air signal's bringing down is one channel. Am I ever glad that when we cancelled our cable, the basic package somehow stuck with us, but lo, although there are an ok # of channels with basic, zero coverage of MotoGp. Get the odd nascar race but that's it really, no two wheeled coverage at all, sucks
Michael

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

I have a handful of the races PVR'd, come on over, some of the Moto2's had me sitting on the edge of my seat and yelling!

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

after I'm done you know what I just might do that Jon
Michael

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

So my top 3 at the beginning of the year was Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo
I also made comment that the title would come down to Casey v Casey. Well the kid got his head around the Honda very quickly

Some Stoner stats; 10 wins this year, same in his previous title winning year
12 Poles. Equal best of all time with Mick Doohan
33 Premier Class wins, now sits 4th on the all time list
2 world titles, only the 5th rider in history to do it on different manafactures (Agostini, Duke, Lawson, Rossi

and all this since starting in the top class in 2006, the same year Pedrosa first rode for the factory team, for 15 wins and 0 world titles

He also pulled off the move of the year when he rode around the outside of Lorenzo at Laguna. I think the move to 1000cc bikes will help him even more. he stated in a recent interview that he might hang around for a few more years then go get a real job

stan

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Got to agree with you stan, he's one class act.

It will be interesting to see Rossi and Hayden on the new Duke, but I think they'll be playing catch up to Stoner.

I haven't watched last weekends race yet (sounds like it was a brilliant end to it), but Spies looks to be getting his head together a bit more now, and I think we may even see another American champ in the not too distant future.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

spook

Post by spook »

Great finish to/at/for the last race of the year :) bee's dick they call it I think. Spies would have been spewing. Stoner is showing the hallmarks of a great champion. Hope he sticks around for a while.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

For all those who wanted a return to the days of less electronics and more rider input, it looks like your wish has been granted.
The owners of Moto GP are introducing the Claiming Rule Teams (CRT) for next year, and what do we get, a chassis built by a Harris type company, fitted with a road bike engine.
To make the CRT bikes somewhat competitive against factory bikes they get a weight allowance and a few litres extra fuel.
The Grisini team will next year run Butista on a factory Honda, along side a CRT bike fitted with a CBR 1000 motor......
Give me a break, i want to see the best bikes ridden by the best riders, i guess we will see more overtaking, of back markers....
Motorcycle racing at the lowest common denominator

stan

spook

Post by spook »

You just might be surprised how fast the cr bikes are Stan. Especially with fuel allowances as you say. With only a couple of seconds difference in lap times between Motogp and WSBK around the island. With a gp chassis there will be little difference.

Let's face it, if the key manufacturers are not prepared to play ie: Suzuki and Kawasaki, then you don't really have a pro-type championship.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I don't think it's the manufactures not willing to pay, it's more the Moto GP owners wanting more return on investment.

1st it was good by 250's and hello Honda Cup, now goodbye 125's and hello 250 singles,

We will wait and see how Colin Edwards performs on his new CRT bike, it will be the first real indication of how fast they are with a quality rider abord, but i fear we will have a 2 division premier class, 8 factory bikes vs the rest,

stan

Update: Edwards on his Suter/BMW was only 0.5sec ahead of the Moto 2 pole, and almost 3 sec off the best Moto GP time for the day