WHO'S GOING TO BE THERE?

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

The classic club has a TT meeting scheduled for Labour Weekend (October 22nd & 23rd) which may have been the one discussed at the BSFOS, however this is also the weekend of the Rugby Cup Final so any accomodation will be next to impossible to find, and extremely expensive if you do manage to find any.

Having said that, we have a great summer series which incorporates three clubs: NZ Post Classic Racing Association, Auckland MCC and the NZ Classic Road Racing Register, that goes from October through to April in the upper half of the North Island :)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

kiwi60 wrote:The classic club has a TT meeting scheduled for Labour Weekend (October 22nd & 23rd) which may have been the one discussed at the BSFOS, however this is also the weekend of the Rugby Cup Final so any accomodation will be next to impossible to find, and extremely expensive if you do manage to find any.

Having said that, we have a great summer series which incorporates three clubs: NZ Post Classic Racing Association, Auckland MCC and the NZ Classic Road Racing Register, that goes from October through to April in the upper half of the North Island :)
I thought itt was all but locked in at Hampton Downs, just the date had to be worked out. I hope they get onto it, we have to book our flights & accomidation while the aussie doller is so strong.
:banana
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

There was a lot of enthusiasim during the BSFOS, which started to wane when the clash of dates was realised, and a NZ Trans-Tasman match up was starting to be looked at for 2012.

The meeting at Hampton Downs 2011 is definatley a go, but the issue will be accomodation, plus hire vehicles will be at a premium.

Best thing is to stay in contact with the NZCMRR

http://www.nzcmrr.com/index

and do what we did, get on line and hunt around for some accomodation near the track, you never know what will be available if you book early enough.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

There must be some way of finding out what the go is?
Whos is running this event?
Any idea when the supp regs come out?
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

There must be some way of finding out what the go is?
Whos is running this event?
Any idea when the supp regs come out?
NZCRR is running the event, and can be contacted at;

http://www.nzcmrr.com/contact/contact

the regs will be the same as the NZPCRA regs for the non classic classes

http://www.nzpostclassics.org.nz/index. ... PCRA_Rules

2005 SV996R SOLD

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Just a thought Steve, our classes stop at your New Era (1989), and if you bring over a Pre Modern, which I think your GSXR750 is, you won't have a class to race in. :|

2005 SV996R SOLD

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

kiwi60 wrote:Just a thought Steve, our classes stop at your New Era (1989), and if you bring over a Pre Modern, which I think your GSXR750 is, you won't have a class to race in. :|
Hmm I have already bought this up & was assured we would be running on our/Aussie rules like the Island classic, when the poms come over they still run there rules. As it is not a points meeting all this didnt matter.
Anyway I was looking forward to comming over but by the sound of it, its looking a little up in the air. :sad
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Butler when was yours complianced?? Or put a conventional front end on it??

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I caught up with the rider that I'm keen to see on the FZR last week (Lindsay Pinker) and had a chat and asked him to think about riding the bike next season, and after a few days thinking aout it, he's said yes :banana :banana

I'll give the bike it's customary going over through winter and we'll be out on track in August for a 'sighting day', then we'll talk about any changes to riding position etc, and then we're into it 2 weeks later :)

To be honest, knowing Lindsay's style and speed, I think we'll upset a few of the front runners, and just possibly put the GSXR1260's in the shade...he's one hell of a rider - at last the bikes going to have a rider of the caliber that it deserves :P

2005 SV996R SOLD

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Next step: Kiwi replaces Vito Ippolito as president of FIM :P

Watching to see exactly how great it works out :popcorn
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Watching to see exactly how great it works out
What could possibly go wrong... :roll:

2005 SV996R SOLD

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

JasonL wrote:Butler when was yours complianced?? Or put a conventional front end on it??
I'll be taking my legal 1990 GSXR750 WITH upside down forks hahaha
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Hope you make it to Broadford aswell

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I'll be taking my legal 1990 GSXR750 WITH upside down forks hahaha
Sorry Steve, if your thinking of bringing that one over here, you won't be able to run in the Post Classics, as upside down forks must be std fitment and available via the shops prior to Dec 31 1989, and the GSXR750's didn't come out with them till 1990.

The only two bikes that can run them here are ZXR400's and the Ducati Corse 851, both of which were available here in 1989.

The NZPCRA has been very strict in this matter as it's a loop hole that would be prised wide open if we made exceptions to NZ bikes.

Having said that, it wouldn't hurt to contact Jason Voice, who is the NZPCRA tech officer, to see if they would make an exception if you can show that USD forks were available in Australia in '89.

His email is:

OnTrackMotorcycles@xtra.co.nz

2005 SV996R SOLD

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Kiwi,

They were. I have seen a GSXR750L with an 89 compliance plate.

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

JasonL wrote:Kiwi,

Exactly J & Ive got one, my 750 is an 11/89!! he he he
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

11/89 is still a 1990 model year machine.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Australia sometimes got new models before other countries due to the timing of the racing season, and I'm pretty certian we never got them here until 1990, otherwise we would have all the GSXR7/11's racing in the pre'89 with USD forks, and that model would be specifically mentioned in the rules.

Still run it past Jason as this model is not a recognised USD fork model here in NZ and it would be a pain in the a$$ if you bought it over here only to be told that it cannot race.

2005 SV996R SOLD

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Yes good point - it all comes down to the eligibility criteria per jurisdiction, so you 'd be mad not to check each beforehand. Change those forks Butler!

PCRA had been running to the "first available to the general public" measure, noting it did not specify or limit it to the Aust market only.

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Mine was bought by the owner in the 12-89 new off the floor so its legal. We went through with the first T models.
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.