A new way to get the #1 plate

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

A new way to get the #1 plate

Post by kiwi60 »

Lindsay, the rider I approached to ride the bike, came around yesterday and had a look at the FZR, and was more than a little impressed by the standard of build and care that's gone into it.

It turns out he's always wanted to have a crack at the #1 plate in the NZPCRA, and he reckons he can do it on the FZR :banana

We had a chat over several hours and came to the understanding that he's using it on a 'you bend it - you mend it' basis, and I'll take care of the engine and running gear (both are so new that I can't see any issues arising).

He's also got sponsorship from one of the tyre importers so he'll supply them - both slicks and wets.

I'll give the bike it's winter strip down in July, and we'll be back on the track in late August, plus we're going back to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed in Aussie next year as well!!!

Roll on August!!!!!!!!
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Go team! We're barracking for ya!
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Go team! We're barracking for ya!
Some how I think you may change sides at next years BSFOS :poke

[/code]
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o