Rossi Get's Podium Finish!!

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Rossi Get's Podium Finish!!

Post by sickle44 »

Here comes the Doctor, Race four with Ducati and he's already pulled a podium. Machine apparently got a new frame and now it's the engine's turn. You can see how the Honda's just have the upper hand on the straights.

I feel real bad for Pedrosa though, what an Ass that simoncelli DICK, I'm surprised Pedrosa didn't take his head off, I know I bloody would have.

M1 appears like it also needs a little topend work in order to play with the 212
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Lets not get carried away, the Ducati has improved, but i feel you need to look at Haydens results to see how far they have come, Rossi is a freak, but the Duke is still probly a top 6 bike at best

Simmonchelli, well there will be a lot of debate over his riding, Stoner was known as a crasher, then won a world championship, he will learn from this and improve his riding

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Yeahhh,
That one I'm not sure if you can chock it up to being a crasher, that seemed to be a pretty plain and simple "cut off," indeed you are right though in that he will learn from this.

Can't fault the guy for wanting to win and his agression is also admirable but you can't go chopping the fronts of other guys bike's off. That said though, you kinda wonder if Pedrosa could've saved it or not by just diggin' in a bit more. *shrug* who knows, guess we'll see.
Michael

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I'm sure Honda have had words, that was one HRC contracted rider on a works bike taking out another,

Your right that you can't go cutting off the nose of other bikes, but have a look at Pedrosa, leg out, back wheel off the ground, he got in too hot, got off the brakes an would have sat it up and run a little wide, pitty there was another bike in his way

stan

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I think Pedrosa ran into Simoncelli! They were both to eager to be in front! I think Pedrosa shit himself went wide and hit Simoncelli's back wheel ... back wheel that was... tyre really! it will be talked about and debated over, on, under... forever.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Yeah,

I kinda was wondering if whether or not Pedrosa was a little scared shitless too. You almost wonder if whether or not, he didn't have a clue that anyone was coming round him, until Simoncelli all of a sudden showed up!
Michael

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I think Pedrosa ran into Simoncelli! They were both to eager to be in front! I think Pedrosa shit himself went wide and hit Simoncelli's back wheel ... back wheel that was... tyre really! it will be talked about and debated over, on, under... forever.
Gidday there spook, welcome back, we've missed having you around :hi

For my 2c worth, i've never liked Simoncelli, but haven't managed to figure out why, but reading through one of the comments on the MotoGP site (I think) he was referred to as ignorant when it come to track safety and his non-finishing this year , and that pretty much sums up his move.

Having said that, was it really all that different to Rossi's late pass on Stoner that bought them both down,...hmmm
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

spook

Post by spook »

kiwi60 wrote: i've never liked Simoncelli,
He should get a haircut and a real job... without doubt he could have waited for a better opportunity though. Broken bones hurt too much, even when your earning millions, which are no compensation when your in a box.

Thought I would drop in and annoy you all, I've already been giving poor old Tim an ear bashing :)

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Code: Select all

I've already been giving poor old Tim an ear bashing
I'm pretty sure he like it ;)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

WHAT?!?! y'all need to quit mumbling....

lol
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

I read a great article about Simonchelli. it talked about him being able to have a bit of a swagger when the top kid in the play ground is your mate, even when the other kids don't like playing with you

But in true Rossi style, when a mate starts to get a bit to quick (Hello Sete!!) he has given him a bit of a back hander this week, saying his move was too forcefull,

Stan

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

haven't not been around much myself until recently, I didn't even notice Spook was gone, yes, welcome back Spook. Where've you been, some Suzuki forum site? Are you finished the Purple Dolphin yet? Love to see it in it's finished form if it's done of course?

Welcome to stay a while dude, then again, summer is approaching, ohhhh, that's right, it's winter time for you guys...
Michael

spook

Post by spook »

sickle44 wrote:Are you finished the Purple Dolphin yet? Love to see it in it's finished form if it's done of course?
Um I blew it up at the track, big end went and now the front piston is hitting the head... I'm hard on bikes :) a new engine is on it's way. Some other mildy interesting stuff going on as well. So no is the answer to that!

I've built a completely new 88 FZR1000 that i hoped to have ready for BSFOS but it was a big job and it is not even now finished, but not far off. I might do a post on that one?

Stan, I've never forgiven Rossi for what he did to poor old Sete... He was too nicer guy to have to endure the curse! MotoGP was worse for his departure. Rossi took him (Sete) out psychologically, and from that he never returned or recovered.

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Spook, Vic race calendar for you to aim the FZR's debut at:

Interclub Winton July 17 (too far and too cold)
Hartwell Rnd 4 B'ford Aug 12-13(less travel)
Interclub B'ford Sept 11 (getting warmer)
Vic titles last round B'ford Sept 17-18 (see you there!)
PCRA last round B'ford Oct 1-2 (P6 mecca)
Interclub last round b'ford Oct 23rd (round and round)
Hartwell last round Mac Park Oct 29-30 (dodge the roos)

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

sickle44 wrote:Welcome to stay a while dude, then again, summer is approaching, ohhhh, that's right, it's winter time for you guys...
does australia even have what we would consider a true winter? you know, 36" of snow and temps hovering around 10 degrees fahrenheit?
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

spook

Post by spook »

Hooligan wrote:does australia even have what we would consider a true winter? you know, 36" of snow and temps hovering around 10 degrees fahrenheit?
It's 16 degrees C here at the moment and it's bloody freezing :)

Need to do shake downs and some practice first Jason!

Here it is... The 88 FZR:

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Yeah I know but that still leaves plenty of time before September anyway, or at Interclub you'll probably be the only P6 bike so you could use that as a shakedown and get a trophy aswell!!

I am doing a bit to the VFR so will be looking to do a track day before racing resumes in September for me, so maybe we can hook up for that.

I'll aim to drop by this weekend, my phone is not working at the minute so might be a cold call, let me know any times when you won't be there???