Ben Spies first win

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
JasonL
Veteran Poster

Ben Spies first win

Post by JasonL »

The American's first win, on a Yamaha too, I thought the forum'd be buzzing! It was a dominant first win too, will be highly interesting to see how he performs the rest of the season now. Mugello this weekend, should be less of a procession than previous rounds, at least for the first half of the race. And Rossi should fare a bit better! It's a lithmus test for them - their home test track, his favourite track, if they can't go well here then it will tell a story of where they are at. Pedrosa should be back. Simonchelli has to stay on the bike, his home GP too.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

Ben rode really well, he used the gap created by the mayhem behind him and took his chances......

The Ducati GP11.1 was an interesting addition, according to some reports it is the GP12, sleeved to 800cc, running 2011 forks and brakes, not sure if they are breaking the rules or have found a huge loop hole.

roll on Mugello

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

ThomVis
Veteran Poster

Post by ThomVis »

Mr Spies did a very good job, no doubt, but I was way more impressed by Jorge Lorenzo's performance. Also liked Hiroshi Aoyama waiting for his turn, too bad he wiped out beforehand.
Intelligence is alcohol soluble.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

i missed the race completely and didn't get stats until yesterday. glad to see spies on the podium with the yamaha. i'm not a big lorenzo fan, but i hope the yamahas can continue with their speed.

we'll see soon!
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Ben did a stella job! Casey did the same & settled in to the race well, he will be the new world champ. I was really happy for Colin, he has to be one of the nicest guys in the motoGP pits.. It was great to see the Yanks get a win, so we can have the USA V Aussie of the 80s & 90s!
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

good point!!! a rebirth of the USA vs. Australia would rock!
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Well done Spies! He is a likeable young fella.

He certainly has had plenty of experience racing Aussies in the AMA championship. He had Maladin torturing him for years. In the end he beat the master.

If nothing happens to knock his confidence seriously (as happened to the likes of the pommy piano player) then he is a future championship candidate.

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

What was really refreshing was all the place getters didnt go on like F**K wits. They all waved at the flaggies, & the crowd, without the bullshit theatrics the likes of Rossi & Larenzo go on with. Really good to see the riders conduct themselfs like gentlman not fools! :P
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Cable no more any more but that is a commendable thing. Humility has got to be any racers best attribute
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

sbutler wrote:What was really refreshing was all the place getters didnt go on like F**K wits. They all waved at the flaggies, & the crowd, without the bullshit theatrics the likes of Rossi & Larenzo go on with. Really good to see the riders conduct themselfs like gentlman not fools! :P
ugh, THANK YOU. i thought i was the only one that was sick and tired of all the bullshit that rossi and lorenzo do after a win. it all just seems a little much. after clutching the championship i can kinda understand, but race after race gets old really quick.
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Hooligan wrote:
sbutler wrote:What was really refreshing was all the place getters didnt go on like F**K wits. They all waved at the flaggies, & the crowd, without the bullshit theatrics the likes of Rossi & Larenzo go on with. Really good to see the riders conduct themselfs like gentlman not fools! :P
ugh, THANK YOU. i thought i was the only one that was sick and tired of all the bullshit that rossi and lorenzo do after a win. it all just seems a little much. after clutching the championship i can kinda understand, but race after race gets old really quick.
I guess its just the way the US & Aussie guys do things, they dont need to go on like dickheads, they know how good they are & thats good enough for them.. ;)
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.