broadford period 6,thunderbikes and motards race footage

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
SJTFZR1000
Veteran Poster

broadford period 6,thunderbikes and motards race footage

Post by SJTFZR1000 »

1990 RACING FZR1040 & BROKEN 2001 YZF R1

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Good footage Steve, and useful reconnaisance for me!

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Does my soul good to see some fast laps of a circuit I know.
I had better get organised for a summer of track days!
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Well Cam, there's always been the talk about getting a few of us out on a track day, how about we firm it up and get Spook out on one of his 50 bikes and anyone else we can rustle up???

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

hotcam wrote:I had better get organised for a summer of track days!
Is it summer already? I better go outside for a look!

Jaffa
New Poster

Post by Jaffa »

Jason,
I'm doing 2 track days at Phillip Island October 6 & 7.
Medium fast group on my YZF 750.
All Exup brothers welcome.
I'm doing PCRA Broadford as well.
Stuart

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Nice, will be good to catch up at Broadford again. I'd love to make it to the Island the next weekend but the funds and time aren't there right now! Gear it up man, think EC +1 tooth on the front, or less 2-3 on the back.

Jaffa
New Poster

Post by Jaffa »

I've got 1 tooth bigger on the front and 1 tooth smaller for the back (compared to Eastern Creek), geared really high.
Will be interesting to see if I can get it to redline with the gearing so high.
17 front
42 rear

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Yeah, that sounds pretty high, but then I don't know YZF gearing at all (how does that compare with stock ?), plus yours has more punch to be able to use it. If you have any sort of headwind you might not see it but otherwise, let us know!! I did the 6hr last year on Jim Burke's ZX10 and saw 282 km/h just before buttoning off for turn 1....yikes. Anyway, its a great track, you'll love it

SJTFZR1000
Veteran Poster

Post by SJTFZR1000 »

thx jason and hotcam i still feel there is more time to be made at broadford.reconnaisance jas is that so you can whip me by even more time.lol.a track day for a few exup boys would be fantastic,i would try really hard to make it if you guys get a date set,would love it to be at phillip island so the 1000 could stretch her legs but i think broadford would be more affordable.i wont be able to do one until after the last round of the hartwell in late october.as with you jason funds are going to be a little tight for a while....
1990 RACING FZR1040 & BROKEN 2001 YZF R1

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Ah well, there's a big difference between doing one fast lap on a clear track and actually racing!! Broadford is not so easy to pass on in several spots - I'd need to be in front going into crash cnr to have a hope of maybe pulling enough so as to not get passed on the back straight...but to do that I need to be in front in the first place, which means outbraking into crash, which means being close enough into the braking zone, and on it goes!! I got my bike dyno'd and jetted up, it has been running lean for 4 years, duh! It's got a few more hp so I'll see if it makes much difference at Broadford at the Vics in a week's time, but its nothing like yours in a straight line obviously. Usually the Triumph 675's pull away from me, so if I can keep more with them I'll know its better

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Jason likes to duff the competition up on the run in to turn one... he's just talking up crash corner in attempt to move your focus forward and thus set up his trap... :)

JasonL
Veteran Poster

Post by JasonL »

Wind up alert! I reckon I'm a pretty clean racer....too clean in fact, I've finished behind slower combinations plenty of times because I couldn't / wouldn't force a pass.