Aust Period 6 FZ 1000 buildup

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Aust Period 6 FZ 1000 buildup

Post by ZoltanP »

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Re: Aust Period 6 FZ 1000 buildup

Post by spook »

Looks good Zoltan. I think you will find the 135's run a little rich, but not enough to worry you (I'm running the same) I will let you know what I end up with after I measure the fuel-air.

Just a bit of feed back on your build page...I had to set my screen view size to 50% to be able to read it comfortably. Is this a problem with my browser settings or something else?

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

ta mate. the widest pic dictates the page width i noticed, i had the same prob. gotta try and fix that..
i wrote down that jetsize when we spoke on the phone. it's the one you told me to put int, and this shows i pay attention to what you tell me mate ... :)
what did you run at broadford?
z

spook

Post by spook »

ZoltanP wrote:what did you run at broadford?
A 1987 FZR1000 :lol:

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

:clap: :crazy: :roflmao :wtf: :popcorn

i meant what jets IN YOUR FZR :crazy:

spook

Post by spook »

135's

I have a feeling they are about right, under power they feel good, though if you get down in the revs the bike feels like with leaner jets it may respond better. it pops and carry-ons on the over-run, and as the weather gets colder, I think it may be getting richer?

Like I said, I will stick the wide band commander on it and plot a fuel-air map based on rpm and gear. As our set-ups will be pretty much the same (low km stock genesis engines with stock carbs and alternator out) so what I end up with may suit your bike.

That said, if I didn't make any change, the bike would be okay. I've drilled out the pilot jets as per factory pro website for easier starting, I have a spare drill bit here you can have if that is a mod you wish to go with.

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

ta. i have a whole bunch of jetdrills, so i may have that diam. what is it?

spook

Post by spook »

#72 or .25 drills

Image[/quote]

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

ta spook as usual a fountoin of help..
z

spook

Post by spook »

I'm guessing you know already Zol, but I'll mention it for anyone else that may be thinking about using the tiny jet drills.

The jet drills should only be gently turned with your fingers. The chuck is only to hold the drill to allow you to rotate it... it never goes into a drill!

Zol, why don't you post up a build thread here? I'm sure it would be of interest to many who visit. Cheers.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Zol, why don't you post up a build thread here? I'm sure it would be of interest to many who visit. Cheers

+1
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

kiwi60 wrote:
Zol, why don't you post up a build thread here? I'm sure it would be of interest to many who visit. Cheers
because i am trying to get riders and racers and their sponsors to compliment each other to grow our sport and increase the chances of guys like you guys getting sponsored...hence RR .. I hope more people get on. It doesn't have to drain g people off other forums like these, it ca compliment sites like rats and exup..

spook

Post by spook »

Whatever you have going on there doesn't stop you posting here surely?

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

no mate, but it sure would defeat the purpose of building that forum... this way it's best of both worlds. it's only a click isn't it..

spook

Post by spook »

Zoltan, if the purpose of posting here is drawing people away from this forum... I would say you are being subversive.

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

ahmm, no, i'm not trying to draw people away. people can have more than one site they visit, and don't need to click if they don't wish to do so.

Especially on a site like exup which has no site sponsors, there seemds no conflict of interest.

if i posted a link to my old blogspot blog http://www.zoltanracing.blogspot.com.au/ as i used to, that is also just another click .. so now instead of there it's just to my blog on RR.

it's not all that dramatic you know. while exup is great and a model specific forum, RR is there for the wider picture.

:popcorn

spook

Post by spook »

So I'm free to to post a link to my build here from your site?

That's good, as people who visit your site with model specific needs can come over here, with no harm done :thumbup:

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

spook wrote:So I'm free to to post a link to my build here from your site? That's good, as people who visit your site with model specific needs can come over here, with no harm done :thumbup:
BIG YEAH :clap: :thumbup: OF COURSE. noone's stopping anyone from doing any transfers mate! It's all good! Link from A to Z and copy to G, whatever! It's all just a click away, but home is where you choose...no need to retype same stuff to 8 different forums, easier to just put a link in sometimes and invite people to your (web)home, wherever it is. I hope that people will link in RR to their non-RR blogs and vica versa... :D

spook

Post by spook »

That is great Zol !

Perhaps Hoolie can make up a linked addy to fill one of those free to be filled sponsor squares on your front page?

I can say that I'm eternally grateful for the advice and good natured comradeliness that is to be found here. Any way to introduce others to the same is bonus.

ZoltanP
Veteran Poster

Post by ZoltanP »

I've messaged him . the adspots are for businesses sponsoring a rider personally,or for those of self employed racers. he's obviously put a lot of effort into exup, so i am happy to give him a spot there for now ... and i will be plugging exup in the forum-links section, which i'd better start soon. like tonight i guess.
z