Nbot Back to the Races....

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Nbot Back to the Races....

Post by Nbot »

Hey...well, not on here as much lately, working three jobs still...but spending what freetime I have fixing the bikes, and going to the track...I'm posting some pics of my last track day and races

Here's a pic of the SV all fixed up from the last wreck, fair amount of time putting it back together from its last somersaulting that landed me in concussionville....you'll see I'm running around naked all weekend :P Got a lil belly pan, much cheaper on lowsides, and the track I'm on isn't such a high speed track, so not that much of a difference

Here's a pic of our pit area (my buddy's R6 in red)...you'll see my beautiful "Racing" van...I got it for a smoking deal, did some work on it, and now it tows both bikes to the track, and I use it as a motel all weekend, sometimes my buddy sleeps in the van on the floor too (lil lady and me get the bed of course)...but its great, I've got all my tools with me, and it fits the budget (except the gas mileage, but still cheaper than having to pay for motels...I have to drive 5 hours to the nearest tracks)
That's the lil lady in her new red hair....she wants my SV now to track day on...its an awesome bike, so light, great for learning on the track, not too much horsepower (less highsides) and cheaper on the tires, since I can get more time on them than the higher horsepower bikes can on their slicks

Here's a pic of me crossing the finish line (I'm too fast for the wife's camera)....won my first race here! (first podium at all for that matter) Novice Club Sport....which not as competitive as Novice GTO, was still cool to get a little plack (placque?) .....but even cooler was not to wreck at all this last weekend;) So much funner and CHEAPER not to wreck!!

Better than finishing first in the Club Sport race, was my performance in the Beginner Open class...I was just going out there to take it easy, since the last time on the track I spent two nights in the hospital...so was going to go slow and just not DNF, but, the SV launches so quick off the line, that into the first corner I was in second place! So sheet says I, just lowered the head, and kept second place for three laps, and then third place for another lap, until the bigger bikes started passing me in the straightaways....SV650 vs 02+ GSXR1000 in a straight line...hmmm, let me think about this....but, I got the SV so that I would be forced to learn to corner fast, and not just rely on hammering the throttle in the straightaways, so I was happy with that race.....I'd heavily recommend a SV for any other beginner racer....
Can anyone give me advice on how to create a sig? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do one.
~94 Fizzer Thou

Copperslip Cowboy
Veteran Poster

re racing

Post by Copperslip Cowboy »

Hi Nbot,
any win is a win, well done that man.
As you say the SV requires a different riding technique compared
to the bigger bikes.
If your racing, then what is required to win the chosen class is
presumably your goal. Good luck, you seem to be making a good
start, keep it going. You mention DNFs, seems you have already
realised, "to finish first, first you must finish."

Keep us posted....
yours Slip.

Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Nbot »

thanks Slip....will do...in the 6th lap when I moved into first...I was like..."don't wreck, don't wreck...I'm going to win!...don't wreck, keep going fast, don't wreck....
Can anyone give me advice on how to create a sig? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do one.
~94 Fizzer Thou

jjs777
Co-Admin

Post by jjs777 »

nice writeup nbot.....I'm glad to see someone getting some track days in...nice nice nice

nice job on the van setup...definitely the way to go to avoid motel expenses and such...and heck you get the sleep real close with yer bike

Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Nbot »

yep....and you don't need an alarm clock....the bikes warming up at 7:30 wakes you right up! ringa-ting-tinhg goes the two strokers.......
~94 Fizzer Thou

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

great thread nbot, congrats on the progress!

have toyed with the race idea myself more than a few times, but have to find time first.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

Nbot
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Nbot »

Yeah, takes a weekend for sure, and time to get the bike prepped.....I wanted to do a full season last year, but didn't have the time, only made it for 2 races, 2 track days....which is better than nothing, and riding on the track is soo much fun compared to the street, you can really ride a bike like its supposed to....
~94 Fizzer Thou