Body Parts Poll

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!

By comparison to that of Joe Lunchbox, the life of a world championship factory rider is pure cake. One of the downsides, though, is that sometimes they lose pieces of their body. Which body part would you give up to be a factory rider?

Poll ended at Sun May 06, 2007 1:07 am

Right little finger — It just sticks out when I enjoy a spot of tea, anyway.
43%
Left ring finger — Marriage is highly overrated.
No votes
Right big toe — I was always locking it up when trail-braking, so who needs it? Not Doug Polen.
No votes
Left little toe — Narrower boot means better lean angle and more corner speed.
57%
Right index finger — I brake with just the middle one and besides, it's not polite to point.
No votes

Total votes: 7

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Body Parts Poll

Post by djalbin »

With the recent Bayliss crash, and the loss of the tip of his little finger, SuperbikePlanet is running a poll.

So here's the same poll for the EXUPBrotherhood member to take. We can then compare the EXUPBrotherhood poll results with the SuperbikePlanet results.

SouperPoll :: Sacrifices To The Racing Gods
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/getVote. ... finger0403

By comparison to that of Joe Lunchbox, the life of a world championship factory rider is pure cake. They make roughly $65k a month, live in an atmosphere of near complete adulation, travel the globe while riding the best bikes on dreamy tracks, and are surrounded by a near endless supply of half naked women who are only too happy to stop the harsh rays of the sun reaching their leather clad bodies.

One of the downsides, though, is that sometimes they lose pieces of their body. Which body part would you give up to be a factory rider?
Last edited by djalbin on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

pacer
Veteran Poster

Post by pacer »

Toes are needed for balance, right pointer for brakes, and chicks will steer clear and think something very bad happened with no left ring finger. Gotta go with the pinky.
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
97 YZF750

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

left little toe can say goodbye. the big toe is more important for balance, and hands missing fingers look very strange.

besides, you can hide your feet in shoes.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

As small as the little toe is, Pacer is correct. The little toe is only to aid in balance.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

YZF_Rider
Veteran Poster

Re: Body Parts Poll

Post by YZF_Rider »

djalbin wrote:With the recent Corser crash, and the loss of the tip of his little finger, SuperbikePlanet is running a poll.

So here's the same poll for the EXUPBrotherhood member to take. We can then compare the EXUPBrotherhood poll results with the SuperbikePlanet results.

By comparison to that of Joe Lunchbox, the life of a world championship factory rider is pure cake. They make roughly $65k a month, live in an atmosphere of near complete adulation, travel the globe while riding the best bikes on dreamy tracks, and are surrounded by a near endless supply of half naked women who are only too happy to stop the harsh rays of the sun reaching their leather clad bodies.

One of the downsides, though, is that sometimes they lose pieces of their body. Which body part would you give up to be a factory rider?

It was Bayliss who lost part of a finger not corsa

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

YZF_Rider wrote:It was Bayliss who lost part of a finger not corsa
Darn, you're right. I'm always getting those guys mixed up. Why are there so many Troy's anyway?
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

MadHaqr9
Veteran Poster

Post by MadHaqr9 »

I'll add a "write in" choice:

My left nut : I'm right handed, have one to spare and I'm not using either one anyway.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

:funny

Let me guess......you're married....

mYZF_750
Regular Poster

Someone's playing funny buggers

Post by mYZF_750 »

Hey,

Look at the first four words that djalbin wrote.
With the recent Bayliss crash, and the loss of the tip of his little finger, SuperbikePlanet is running a poll.

And now look at what YZF_Rider wrote.
It was Bayliss who lost part of a finger not corsa
How is it so?????

Brian
I'm here, I'm just not quite sure I know where here is?

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

If you look under djalbin's sig you'll notice that it says "edited 1 time"

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

MadHaqr9 wrote:I'll add a "write in" choice:
Good idea. If I had thought of it when I posted the poll I would have included a 'write in' choice, along with "No thanks, I'm not giving up any body parts. I like being a Joe Lunchbox"
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

Brian wrote:How is it so?????
Tim wrote:If you look under djalbin's sig you'll notice that it says "edited 1 time"
Darn it Tim, you keep giving away my magic tricks Image
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

The loss of 5 toes didn't slow Daryl Bettie down,

and the loss of part or whole right little finger is almost a right of passage for any self respecting world champion.

I don't know if i would give up a body part to be a factory rider, as i would probly end up riding for Ilmor,

But i would part with some $$$$ to take, say, Troy Carsers bike for a lap or two of Philip Island

Stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!