Laguna

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
FZRDude
Co-Admin

Laguna

Post by FZRDude »

F*UCKIN HELL!!!!!!

Passing through the Corkscrew?!?!?!?!

There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

:banana rossi
:hissy stoner

some cracking racing going on

shame stoner fell off
but still to finish 2nd after an off

we are not wrothy
may the force not see you

sevenheaven
New Poster

Post by sevenheaven »

Stoner's an absolute C*CK!

Did anyone see the post race interview in park ferme?

Rossi tried to congratulate him but he just brushed him away :!: Then proceeded to tell the BBC interviewer that the racing in the first 4 laps was too hard and he wasn't happy with some of the overtaking moves :!:

Well f*ck off to F1 then :angry

Isn't that what you get paid £1M per year for Mr Stoner...RACING...not just pissing off at the front because you have a superior bike/electronics package :?: :!: :!:

Glad Rossi has signed for another 2 years...plenty more time to piss off that Aussie wa*nker :pistol

And he wonders why he gets boo'd by the British fans at Donington :roll:
SevenHeaven
ImageImage

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sounds like Stoner might become Rossi's new Sete...... :roll:
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

K,
naone,

Let me get this straight, you're happy Rossi fell? Sorry don't have fancy cable TV package so I'm not sure if he really did or not and you're sad that Stoner fell? Is that correct? Gotta agree with sevenheaven, and although Rossi is young, he's got class and dignity many years above his age, at least from all I've heard and known of him. Could be wrong but.....
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

I've never seen racing that close in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Stoner, he's young and still has some lessons to learn, but one thing he's not afraid of is close racing and mixing it up a bit WITH ANYONE. Perhaps from his prespective It was a bit OTT, but from my seat it was EXCELLENT!!!!.

Too close - too hard, maybe, but in the end Stoner made a mistake and dropped it, Rossi's done the same thing a few times over the last few years and I have no doubt they will both do it again.

Can't wait for the next round to see what happens, but I doubt Stoner will cave in like Sete - he'll be back fighting hard.
not just pissing off at the front because you have a superior bike/electronics package
I don't think so - there are three other racers on the same package out there and they don't seem able to do a thing with it.

Both Stoner & Rossi are pure road racing talent, and I don't remember such a match up since the days of Hailwood & Agostini.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

Post by goingtoscotland »

sickle44 wrote:K,
naone,

Let me get this straight, you're happy Rossi fell? Sorry don't have fancy cable TV package so I'm not sure if he really did or not and you're sad that Stoner fell? Is that correct? Gotta agree with sevenheaven, and although Rossi is young, he's got class and dignity many years above his age, at least from all I've heard and known of him. Could be wrong but.....
that was lorenzo highsiding
1989 FZR-1000 Streetfighter currently parting out. make me an offer.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

what a race, the boys sure turned on a great spectical,

As for the overtaking, it shows Rossi will do anything to win this championship, overtaking through the corkscrew is just insane, and usually ends in disaster. What do you want Stoner to do, not say anything?? what would you be saying if it was stoner making the agressive moves??

I don't know why the British boo Casey, you haven't developed anything but a cold since Barry Sheene, and Casey lived and rode in the UK??

Rossi won't be able to do a Sete to Casey, he has already beten him to a world championship, but the choice of Rossi to move to Bridgestone was a stroke of genius

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

you haven't developed anything but a cold since Barry Sheene
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! :funny
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

sickle44

no i wasn't 'appy that stoner fell
i wanted them to race to the end
if only to see more of the same

i was 'appy to see such tight, close and hard racing

i certainly wasn't 'appy to hear stoner bump his gums
about rossi as it all looked fair to me, sour grapes ? me thinks

I dont really follow riders down national patriotic lines
i like any rider that has the skills and shows the balls to win
in the premier class, i do however suffer the british problem
of supporting the underdog, tis why i like edwards i suppose

stoner went down somewhat in my estimation due to him
not shaking rossis hand in the post race (paddock) interview
and mouthing of about the race being tough

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

YEP, this race is EASILY in the Top 3 races of all time!! Rossi doing the business and showing why he's the BEST. :banana

My friends and I were DISGUSTED with Stoner's behaviour after the race!! WHAT A FU-KING LITTLE BITCH!! Like Burgess said : "Stoner is lucky he didn't have to race in the 80's and 90's with Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz and Luca Cadalora." Right on!! You tell him Jerry!!

I can remember watching Rainey and Schwantz battling just as hard during the 1986 match races at Brands Hatch!!! They were trading paint in what seem like every corner!! AND they both did it with CONTROL and SMOOTHNESS..........absolutely BRILLANT!! :banana

The bravest and most exciting pass was Rossi going around the outside at Turn #4!! Hopkins, who was guest commenting on MotoGP.com , was like "Oh what an UNBELIVABLE Move!!!!!!" , and this coming from another MotoGP Racer!! WOW!!

Julian

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

thanks naone.

cool answer, sorry, no sour grapes at all really.
I should probably stay a little quieter when having not watched any racing at all as of late and even not so late.

Cheers
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

oh i wasnt accusing you of sour grapes just stoner

i am here for the racing, and boy was it good at laguna

more of the same please

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

The race between Rossi and Stoner was great and the post race comments by you guys is just as entertaining. Keep up the banter ... I love it.
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

so did Rossi brake test Stoner??? the evidence is on the M1, and they ain't saying nothing

If Rossi has given stoner the old brake early routine, and Casey braked hard to avoid a rapidly decelerating Yamaha, then dumps it in the dirt, irt would explain his anger

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Interesting point there stan, I read something similar in some of Stoner's post race comments.

2005 SV996R SOLD

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

pure speculation there i am afraid, the guy in front has the right to take whatever line he so wishes and brake where ever he wishes, (at or near the braking zone, braking on a straight could be a brake tester

perhaps rossi was going to try a slower entry to get better drive to stop stoner getting along side him again, perhaps his tyres where not optimum any more perhaps stoner missed his braking point

perhaps , speculate, perhaps

stoner had a bike and lap time advantage and probably felt he should have won it, he wasn't in front long enough to shake rossi so didnt .

rossi has got inside stoners head and rather than stoner taking it like a man
he gets about announcing the fact that 'rossis in my head'

you would have to think that any other straight fights this season will go rossis way, perhaps not but hey its great to speculate :-)

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Roll on Brno for the answer to this and much more speculation... :banana :banana

2005 SV996R SOLD

goingtoscotland
Veteran Poster

Post by goingtoscotland »

naeone wrote: rossi has got inside stoners head and rather than stoner taking it like a man
he gets about announcing the fact that 'rossis in my head'
just like Max Biaggi. i don't like stoner. he's just like biaggi really. whines when he feels someone else has wronged him, or just to whine. he's not as good as rossi, imo. when he's on a slightly inferior bike he can't really make that much of it. when he's on the best bike on the grid he wins. rossi however makes much better use of what he has got, and is rarely if ever on the best bike.

i wish kawasaki had a better bike in GP, Hopkins deserves a better bike than the ZX-RR.

as an aside, isn't chris vermeulen ugly as hell?
1989 FZR-1000 Streetfighter currently parting out. make me an offer.

naeone
Veteran Poster

Post by naeone »

ugly doesnt make him slow though