Its on again 5/7/09 oran pk

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Its on again 5/7/09 oran pk

Post by sbutler »

Yeah Im prepairing the FZR for the next round at Oran pk on the 5.7.09
We've got some more power now, [without any starvation issues] So that should be fine. Im working on the clutch over the next couple of days, & doing an oil & filter change. That should be about it. If I have the time or money to replace the rear spring, or throw some new slicks on it I will, so that'll have to do.

I realy hope the changes Ive made really show their worth at Oran pk. The bike did feel very good at Eastern cr. But its hard to tell because that was the first time I have raced there. Plus all the fuel trouble I had didnt help.

But at OP things should be very different. I really know the track, Ive ridden the bike there "pre suspension mods" & geometry changes, so they will be a mesure that I can work off.

So I'll keep all the EXUP'rs up to date with were Im at, plus a race report.
Wish me luck guy, im gonna really give it a shove this round!
To Cam spook ozz & stan thanks for all your help..
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

once a racer, always a racer my friend!!!

ride it like you stole it

stan
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Luck to ya...

hope our advice was worth somethin...

can't wait to see your pictures with some great results!
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

ace of spades
Veteran Poster

Post by ace of spades »

Wish me luck guy, im gonna really give it a shove this round!
'luck to you mate and the most important: Enjoy!

Mike_SS
Veteran Poster

Post by Mike_SS »

Look forward to the race report. Go hard!

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Go hard.... or err, you know how it goes :) Cant wait to hear how all your hard work pays off... Now just the waiting!

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Thanks guys.
Race report will follow,Ive got a week to get things just right & I sure hope Ive got good news!!
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.

ozzyfzr
Veteran Poster

Post by ozzyfzr »

All the best at OP and I would love to hear how the motor feels post mods etc, Good Luck mate!!
I'm off to Eastern Creek tomorrow with my mate and his RVF400, in a field of 26 400's should be good!
All the best Steve
Regards
Ozzyfzr

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Have fun, and don't go getting too fast on me - I need someone to follow round when I get over there :) :) :)
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too
Dang - he’s got a Triumph now :o

sbutler
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sbutler »

Just finished fitting the new clutch springs. Oh man the standard items were so soft compaired to the new EBCs. There was 3 less windings but were the same lenth. The handle pressure is harder by about 20 to 30% I would say. So I think that will fix the problems.

Did a engine service, the oil was black & burnt. I found this was the case with my race cars when using Synthetic oils. When I went to a good minaral oil the oil stayed cleaner, & it didnt burn any. I think the same thing will happen with the bike. So I fitted a new K&N oil filter & some Castrol Active 4 oil. I am just not convinced with the syntetic oil thing. I had trouble for years in the cars, & after looking at the bike, I feel the same. I just dont like it. It had burnt about 750mils as well.

When I was using it as a road bike for a few months, It didnt burn any, & the oil was much cleaner. So unless something drastic happens I'll be sticking with the minaral oil. I'll give you an update after the next race meeting this sunday. But I feel I'll be right.

I'll be doing a coolent flush during the week & refitting the body work & things should be apples!!! :banana

Cant wait untill you can come over kiwi.. You wont want to go back once you've raced the Island & the Creek!! Dont worry about me gatting to fast, im too old for that, its all just fun now..
96 GSXR 750 racer gone
90 GSXR 750 racer gone
ZRX 1200 Roady to enjoy.
Retired TeamExup racer.