traffic on the forum

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
Hooligan
Site Admin

traffic on the forum

Post by Hooligan »

we need to get more guys posting on the forum. is there anything tim and i can do to increase traffic? i have quite a few ideas to grow membership, but i feel as though a lot of our british/european guys have migrated over to the brit based 1k site.

what do you guys think?

i just haven't seen much action here lately...

or maybe everyone is moving on to newer bikes?!?!
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

davemfox2
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by davemfox2 »

This is the only YZF/OW forum I'm on and tbh I've not found much of interest on the Brit site :roll:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP with Yoshimura half system
RG400
GSXR 1100WT

rgvlc
Veteran Poster

Post by rgvlc »

Im still involved, I like the technical and project stuff on here. But we need more piss taking. :P :P

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Re: traffic on the forum

Post by FZRDude »

Hooligan wrote:.... i just haven't seen much action here lately...

or maybe everyone is moving on to newer bikes?!?!
Oh like you are on here all that much. :ha

I just can't sit at the keyboard all that much these days. Still dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck I think I have an appointment at the end of the month to have some shots in there to try and clear things up a bit.

Hell, because of it I've only ridden about 4 times this year.... along with breaking my leg twice....

as a side not, took me about 5 minutes to type this.... :hissy
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I'm doing my best...lol :) One common complaint I hear is that folk can't find it when they google for it.

rush1
Veteran Poster

Post by rush1 »

Sorry things seem to be getting worst for me everyday. I haven't even rode my bikes this year except for twice down the street and back and that was just to get things moving. I have spent my summer working on my german engineering piece of shit audi that keeps breaking down on me. (':hissy')I decided today that it is going to be my $45,000 yard art. Never again will I buy an audi. So now I will drive my $200.00 nissan 280zx because that car never fails to start.
:bfg

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Well its just not here either. Alot of various style of forums are slowing dramatically. Either people are just using the social sites like facebook or just lost interest.
YZFRob

spook

Post by spook »

I reckon we are lucky to have Hooli and Tim putting this up for us :cheers

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I too have also noticed a drop in use.

Here's my :2cents worth.

The summer for one has had a lot to do with it.
I have indeed seen a few members sell their FZR's for newer machinery.
Everyone is more than likely buying less with the slow down of the economy, only the real rich bitches are buying right now because everyone's got their pants down right now.
Perhaps the slower economy has got some people's emotions in the toilet. When dudes are depressed, normally men just pull into their turtle shells.
Ain't like these machines are gettin' any younger? With that, some owners end up not fixing after a crash, or parting out leaving fewer and fewer actual machines around. It's not like there was a tonne of them sold in the first place too, unlike the GSXR's.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook

Post by spook »

rgvlc wrote:Im still involved, I like the technical and project stuff on here. But we need more piss taking. :P :P
Winging bloody Poms :)
sickle44 wrote:leaving fewer and fewer actual machines around
Yep, I've got them all :)

hotcam
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by hotcam »

Maybe I'm just talking too much crapola! :cool
-------
'95 FZR1040 '09 FZ1-S
"And they had a machine, a dream of a machine, with wheels and gears and perfect in every respect, and they lived on it..." -Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"

stan
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by stan »

If members are selling their bikes, we need to make it a formalitiy that they intro the new owner to the forum,

Or maybe their just is a decreasing number of FZR lovers out their,

OK so the guy that brought my bike is named Steve, he races FZR's , and knows a thing or two

over to you Mr Butler

stan

PS: As for the british site (fzr1000.co), it was once very good, loads of chat, heaps of different projects happening, but the crap that went on, blokes whining about membership fees, not getting hoodies delivered, for get it,
Motorcycling, it's a participation sport!!

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

well the fzr1000.co.uk site will be no more at the end of the month,that will leave two.the global economic crises could have somthing to do with it also.
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

thanks for the posts guys.

i do know that the forum is hard to find via a standard web search. i will try changing that.

i also understand that these are bikes that alot of younger riders pass up, so we have to fight with the hordes of r1/gixxer fans out there. i'm happy we still have a strong user base of dedicated owners.

summer/recession has sucked a bit for everyone. no money to play = no time to brag about cool crap for the bikes.

i know the topic of not enough "fun" or "piss taking" has come up before, but we have never really had that here. i just wouldn't want that coming through in the more technical sections. as long as we can confine that to the general discussion area, i got no problems with bringing more fun to the forum. actually, i just don't want a bunch of people bitching to the admins that their feelings got hurt by someone just having a good time. we have all joined and left other forums due to someone taking it a bit too far.

i'll admit, i have been a bit absent lately. working full time and being enrolled in college for the second time is time consuming.

had no idea the brit site was closing. i never actually joined up on that one...
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

spook

Post by spook »

What are you studying Hooli? I sort of like the fact that the place you put up for us is relaxed and ego errant. I never want to have to say to anyone..
<<<<< Suck on this...

willi
Veteran Poster

Post by willi »

spook wrote:What are you studying Hooli? I sort of like the fact that the place you put up for us is relaxed and ego errant. I never want to have to say to anyone..
<<<<< Suck on this...
we want a feed not a snack :poke
89 FZR1000
07 CBR1000RR
07 HYOSUNG COMET 250R
Image http://www.freshfm.com.au/

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

I guess that's what's meant by 'piss talking' eh?

Lol.

To be honest, I also think that with these older machines as someone else has elluded to, comes an older rider. I'd suggest that that's more than likely why there's not so much piss talking going on is that we're all a bit more older and respectful? No time to piss talk.
Michael

ShogunTX
New Poster

Post by ShogunTX »

I use to post lurk/post here until two years ago when MsHap screwed me over on a deal.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

ShogunTX wrote:I use to post lurk/post here until two years ago when MsHap screwed me over on a deal.
I'm sure that I got screwed worse by that slacker Dragracer1951 than you did by MsHap and I'm still here.....

Although it seems that SlackerJim is not the man he claims to be to not come back because of it. Just my opinion.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

OHhhh,

Don't get me Earnestly started. :roll: LOL

My apologies to both Tim and Shogun. As Tim is tryin' to say though Shogun, 'twasn't the board that screwed you? Aside from the odd person, most of my dealings with guys on the forum have been Great! I've sold probably more than a grand worth of stuff, purchased, waaaaayy too *#$&8 much off of this Forum, and aside from the one incident, everything else has been sweet.

Haven't heard anything from Chrissy in somethin' like 4 months, but, regardless of whether she resurfaces or not, hope you come back.
Michael