Indianapolis MotoGP 2010 Tickets

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Indianapolis MotoGP 2010 Tickets

Post by orionburn »

Once again I will be trying to put together a group buy for the race. One thing I didn't find out until after the fact last year is that even if you already have assigned seating from a previous year it can still count towards a group purchase. The tickets don't have to be the same or in the same areas of the track. Most of you know this already, but the group buy gets you some freebie items like a souvenir, free bike parking tag (which can also be used for your car as well), coupons, lap around the track, etc.

One change they are doing this year is offering a race day only ticket compared to the 3-day ticket they did for the past two years.

The standard group buy rules still apply: you put in for 20 tickets, but if it ends up where only 12 people are going you only have to buy 12 tickets. The invoice for the tickets isn't sent out until a month or so before the race.

If interested post up and let me know.
Last edited by orionburn on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
1987 FZR1000 (Still with fairings!)
2003 Bandit 1200S (It didn't come with fairings!)
Image Image

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Come on you chumps! Who wants to go?? It's MotoGP! :banana

Rep called me today and sent some info on the package deals this year. Good news is that they lowered ticket prices this time around. A 3-Day pass is only $55.

Here is the official list of perks for group buys this year:
I have attached a few handouts showing the 2010 Red Bull Indianapolis GP group discounts and benefits we offer groups of 20 or more people in selected grandstands around the track. I would highly recommend the grandstand seats over the General Admission ticket packages. For this year, the group benefits will include:

$5 off the ticket price in selected grandstands
2 Free Indianapolis Motor Speedway souvenirs ($22 value)
Official Red Bull Indianapolis GP Event Program
IMS Centennial Era Cinch bag
Motorcycle Parking Pass
Motorcycle Parade Lap
10% off coupon at all participating IMS Retail Locations
Group Name on the Video Boards
Personal Group Sales Rep. to handle your account
Other special offers which are specific to each individual race (see attached documents)

For example, a ticket in the Southwest Vista for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP is a $132 value available for ONLY $95!

We also are working on a reservation system so that you could reserve a block of seats immediately and final payment would not be due until about 30 days before the event. Please let me know if you have any questions and my direct contact information is listed below. Remember all of the listed discounts and benefits are only valid if you purchase your tickets via the Group Sales office.

Thanks and have a nice day!
If you've bought tickets on your own in the past and want to keep those seats you can. That's what is great about the group buy. You keep your seat but get the added benefits. Money is not due until 30 days prior to the race. I'm just trying to get a good feel of those that would like to go this year.
Nate
Image Image

Hooligan
Site Admin

Post by Hooligan »

hmmm, i might be able to swing it this year and i might be able to convince my friend that joined us in 2008.
Jason, aka: Hooligan
1994 YZF750-R
1996 YZF750-R
2003 Bonneville T100

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Hooligan wrote:hmmm, i might be able to swing it this year and i might be able to convince my friend that joined us in 2008.
You'd be amazed how much fun it is when there isn't a hurricane going on. :P It'd be cool if you guys can make it again. Even if you decide to go with stand seating all we'd have to do is let the rep know where you want seats at to get it taken care of. I didn't have time to post this yesterday, but here is the breakdown in pricing (all 3-day tickets):

$150 - E Penthouse, B Penthouse, SW Vista Deck, South Vista Deck
$125 - A Penthouse, NW Vista Deck
$105 - J Stand, South Vista (sections 1-5)
$95 - Paddock Penthouse, H Stand, SW Vista, E Stand
$85 - B Stand, Tower Terrace (Sec 37 & 79 only)
$55 - General Admission
Nate
Image Image

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

Still no takers? :sad
Nate
Image Image

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

not sure I can swing it again

man I sure missed it last year though :(
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Sorry Onion,

I'm still unemployed, but have a line on a job opening up, here in something like 2 weeks to a month, but it is a pretty sure thing.

Hope you are well buddy, oh and if you go, I want another hat.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

FZRDude wrote:Sorry Onion,

I'm still unemployed, but have a line on a job opening up, here in something like 2 weeks to a month, but it is a pretty sure thing.

Hope you are well buddy, oh and if you go, I want another hat.
I didn't think you'd be able to make it, Tim. It's a bit of a drive for you to get there. :poke I'm hoping to be able to make it out to Laguna at some point in time.
Nate
Image Image

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Matt,

I would love to do this for sure, but... the distance, lack of cash flow, and other responsibilities kinda puts me down for a notta. Especially considering how much I've been already spending on the project machine.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

orionburn wrote: I'm hoping to be able to make it out to Laguna at some point in time.
If you ever do, make sure you bring extra cash for the "Parade Lap" of the track! The corkscrew will have your nuts up under your chin, and that's a good thing!!

orionburn
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by orionburn »

I can't get 20 people rounded up, but I talked to the rep and there is a way to still get group perks. If you want to go send me a pm and I will forward you the info to get in contact with the rep. By doing this we won't have to mess around with you sending me money and me mailing you a ticket down the road.
Nate
Image Image