EMRA Round 1 May 27

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: EMRA Round 1 May 27

Post by Big Jon »

A couple scuffs and bruises, needs some glass work on his R1 tail section, but otherwise OK. He kinda scared the corner workers as he ended up underneath the alpina and opposed to me being flat out unconscious in the middle of nowhere, they were scared about his condition until they uncovered him and found him OK.

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

If you need a new shirt BJ, here is one you may like:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-THUND ... 660wt_1078

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

:D hahaha, ow ow ow.

No, this was one of those wicking base layers, but had just found the kind I wanted this spring in a long sleeve mock neck, so I bought 2 off gay bay, now already down to one, but will be more than I need, for the rest of the year for sure. No abrasions from any of my gear makes me happy. UFO spine protector, Alpinestars reflex knee/shin guards. Knox armoured shorts, all with a slippery base layer underneath means no raspberries on my skin. And Teflon tape under perches means I only need a new foot peg, and motor/frame saver mount bolt. Fiberglass is completely toast, and front fender (OEM) is crunched. It'll live to be track day machine next year, racing, probably not so much.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Collarbone surgery tomorrow, pics of the bike and status updates to follow, eventually.

spook

Post by spook »

Good luck with that BJ. Are they going to plate it?

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

I've broken my left one 3 times..... just got a sling and a brace to pull me shoulders back.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Yup, small plate and a handful of screws. Feels like the sawed my arm off, beat me about the neck and shoulders, then sewed it on backwards, than goodness for the almighty tylenol 3.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

FZRDude wrote:I've broken my left one 3 times..... just got a sling and a brace to pull me shoulders back.
ow :wtf:

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

the bike actually looks worse than it is. may end up doing the HRC kit resevoir conversion eventuall, but for now bending the resevoir bracket will suffice.

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Doesn't look all that bad....
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

spook

Post by spook »

it looks like it got off easier than you did BJ. Not a lot of work in it by the look of it. Forks okay (straight)?

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Forks are straight and clean, front fender needs replacing, or some gorilla tape. The clip on trick I mentioned earlier, taking the registration bolts out, allowed the clip ons to swivel and not damage the tubes. The teflon tape under the lever perch on each side allowed them to pivot and not even bend a lever. The biggest grunt will be straightening out the muffler, as it's tucked in towards the tire a little too much, but that was the result of a friend and the wife unloading the bike off the trailer and dropping it on the right side, sigh. Bike did much better than I for sure. The results of the surgery feel pretty good, especially considering it was on friday and I'm down to a couple T3s a day now. might even post pictures of stitches if anyones interested! :lolno:

spook

Post by spook »

Big Jon wrote:might even post pictures of stitches if anyones interested! :lolno:
:? Sure... :lolno:

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Expecting a couple more aha moments the more I get into it, but was surprised to see the r/h side upper rad bracket popped off the top of the rad. Looks like factory employed a couple rivets and a type of epoxy on this nice flat portion, hopefully this means some JB weld on my part will also work. Will keep everyone updated.

One of the gents that volunteers to run the races (and almost bought Daves Ace a couple years back) has had a couple bad days out at the track and his R1 is pretty munched. He's going to give me a hand (and arm, nyuk) getting mine back together in exchange for using it at the track for the rest of the season. Hopefully with a little coaching he'll slow down to go faster, and then he'll have the winter to sort out a ride for next year.

spook

Post by spook »

Big Jon wrote:Looks like factory employed a couple rivets and a type of epoxy on this nice flat portion,
The upper brackets are spot welded to the top rung of the radiator. The piece they are attached to doesn't carry water, it's just a strip of aluminium. Carefully drill through where the spots were and then pop rivet. (Don't push through with the drill to the next bar... cause that one holds water) A bit of glue or silicone wont hurt either. It's an easy fix. :thumbup:

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Hey Jony,

Sorry you binned'r man; glad to see you're alright. Hope you get to feelin' better real quick, give me a dingle if you need anything.

BTW, I've got meds that'll make your T3's feel like an 80mg tab of childrens asprin or tylenol
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Thanks Mike, but as of yesterday I stopped the meds totally and feel pretty good. Putting the bike together should be no problem with Gurpreet at the wrenches.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Gurpreet??

WT?? I thought what's'nut was your guy, Alberta Cycle ZZTop Antisocial dick head?? No? Not anymore?

Let me know if/when you need the vacuum gauge
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

No, Barry is still the best yammie mechanic around, Gurpreet is a friend from the track that in exchange for helping me twiddle some bolts will ride it at the track for rest of the season.

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

Bought some pics from a photog that does some great work at the track. If he can make me look fast then he Must be good, now if only he could make me look slimmer...

These are all from the first 2 rounds of the season, as it was the first race of round three that killed my new helmet :cry: (sniff)