'13 season racebike prepare progress.

Track days, professional racing, amateur racing, or racing in general. Post it here!
YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

'13 season racebike prepare progress.

Post by YZFRob »

Its close to completion for the 13 season opener may 19 here.

New Penske 8783 rear shock installed.
Bodywork installed (got rid of the old skool cafe look finally)
Fixed the previous owners wiring fiasco so I can mount stock gauges (I wanted a tach, didnt come with one originally)

Still have a few things to do.
Paint and decal (hopefully this weekend if it doesnt rain)
Put in a new choke cable (again a previous owner fiasco)
fix frame sliders (my fiasco :roflmao )
change oil
charge battery and fire the bitch up.

Before paint
YZFRob

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: '13 season racebike prepare progress.

Post by YZFRob »

Finished

YZFRob

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Nice :thumbup:

May 13th, weather must be on the improve over there. Getting colder and darker by the day here. Keep us posted with your progress this year...

Big Jon
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by Big Jon »

One tip, this is a lever saving hint from my dirt bike friends. Remove the clutch and brake perches, wrap a couple layers of (plumbers) Teflon tape and re-clamp. Usually it will tighten up enough to not move until an impact, bit not be so tight as to prevent a couple of hits with the heel of your hand from putting them back into place after a crash. See if it works for you as well as it did for me.

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Love the 999 fairing, very cool looking.
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

Hey Rob, what stand is that, where'd you get it, how much, and most of all..... do you like it?
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

FZRDude wrote:Hey Rob, what stand is that, where'd you get it, how much, and most of all..... do you like it?

Its from MJ Moto Gear. $85. Works good. Now its mounted to my trailer (comes with 2 bosses that mount to a trailer). Will come off for winter. Probably get a 2nd one either to use at the track or to fit a 2nd bike mount.
YZFRob

YZFRob
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by YZFRob »

Ended up with a 3rd in the region LWF40 (lightweight formula 40). Track champion for am LWF40 at Blackhawk Farms. Could had got 1st in region if I went to Road America and the sat sprint race 2 weeks later.

Some mid season mods I had to do were wrap the mid-pipe with thermal tape to stop the buringin of the fiberglass. Will need a new battery. This one is um, dead. had to borrow one for the last weekend. Going to get some plow style quick battery connectors (so I dont have to remove the seat every time to start it) and a jump pack for those days when its cold enough to drain the battery. Never found the correct tach trigger. Going to be a spring project. Maybe buy some more dzus fasteners to replace the the other mount bolts. New set of sliders. Looking for 2nd gen SV intake cams. And new tires for 2014. Last race it was sliding too much for comfort while trying to hold off a Duc 748.
YZFRob

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Hey Rob, congratulations! A great result considering you missed a couple of races. Have a look at those lithium ion Ballistic batteries. .7kg and all the starting power you could wish for. I reckon you could go a day at the track without a problem, though I always stick a charger on between sessions. Can be easily done without pulling bodywork if you have a connector for the charger that exits the bodywork at a convenient place.