2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and R1M

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and R1M

Post by djalbin »

The 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and R1M have been announced. Woo Hoo ... this is a nice bike.

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/ei ... r1-and-r1m

Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

YEC_YZF750SP
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Re: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and R1M

Post by YEC_YZF750SP »

Yep, pretty trick indeed but it was no surprise that Yamaha had a race model alongside the standard R1 because of changes to FIM World Superbike rules in 2015.

Actually, the R1M is very inexpensive considering what the bike is...although still not on par with previous "homologation specials". It's too bad the Japanese manufacturers still haven't produced a low volume, hand-built, full-on race bike...the R7 / OW02 was the last one.

The R1M for sure is cool though and 2 of my friends have already placed deposits on it, with my best friend being one of them, so I may have a go on it. :thumbup:

djalbin
Smilies Run Amok

Post by djalbin »

I need to get introduced to your friends :D
Don
1994 FZR1000
Tucson, AZ

sickle44
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by sickle44 »

Don wrote:I need to get introduced to your friends
Me Too please!!

I wouldn't doubt maybe yamaha stepping up to another SP machine given the better economy and especially having to answer the challenge of Kawi's stunning new H2R, UNfreaken believable machine!!!
Michael
Yes Yes I know, I said, I'm building a project YZF1070

Basement is done now, 850 finished and gone...
Gotta get the new siding up on the house.
Fixing the FZ1 up, cleaning up garage and then I might even begin

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

I think the R1-M is a homologation special in the true sense of the word! Only 500 made worldwide, it speaks homologation with all the electronic trickery, Yec quality swing-arm, kit type radiators, forged magnesium wheels. ti rods electronics, and it is a completely new bike built to circumnavigate the WSBK dumb down rules, and we should thank the rule makers for this. :thumbup:

The only difference between this and a bygone years homologation specials is that the racing class is now 1000 cc, not 750. So both of the offerings are based on the same bike.
R1-M... A very special bike, given a special designation....mmmmmmm. :thumbup: