uuuuuhhhh unreallll...

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
matador0310
New Poster

uuuuuhhhh unreallll...

Post by matador0310 »

Ok the carbs seamed ok...turned over after it filled with gas or whatever, then it fired up, idle was almost right on,,, we were cecking the idle and the choke trying to get it to run warm on no choke, it started to cut out and then did. Went through that about 3 times, then after it cut out the last time, wouldnt start. The oil pump turns on, the oil light flickers like it usually does when i hit the start buttom, the fuses are fine, kickstand safety is ok, and no its not on OFF...I dont know what else it can be, was fine then now nothing....any idea ???

haunter
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by haunter »

you can hear the fuel pump go click tick tick click?
88 FZR 1000 - SuperTrap, K&N, FP kit - sold
90 FZR 1000 - 1040, Ohlins, 91 USD's...some other stuff - sold

93 FZR 600 - rat/cafe/POS/Trackbike Project
03 SV1000S - bye bye
06 R6 50th Anniversary - slip on, PCIII, race rails

matador0310
New Poster

yea

Post by matador0310 »

the pump was making that sound yea, and it wouldnt turn startor even try, but then after it sat for 15 minutes i tryed it and it tryed to start. now its running like shit, its gotta be the carbs still, i mean granted there is no air filter except this piece of filter i taped around the hole to stop shit from getting in for now tiil my new filter gets here, but when i put my finger down the carbs hole of all 4 carbs, they dont all sound the same, they all seem to be sealed, but something must be wrong, it actually ran better when three of the carbs were turned only 1/2 turn from all the way in on the air/fuel screw and 1 was 2 1/2 then now, now when its running if you pull back the trottle it just dies out. I have all the carbs at about 2 turns out and its crappy...worste then before id say. Any ideas on this?

matador0310
New Poster

update:

Post by matador0310 »

update* maybe this will help ...i took the airbox off, gas tank moved asside but still connected to feed gas...turned over ,started, great comppression, and it rips with no airbox on, i can get it to idle at 1300-1500 after a minute or too...after that if i hit the throttle is a 1-2 second delay at most, way better then before, but when it revs up, it will stay at 2500-3000 rpms for a while til it slowly comes back down? Would that maybe help identify any problem...thanks again guys, sorry if im being a nusence but you seem to have helped with everything else so far, and the more information maybe the better...thanks again, Thomas

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Post by FZRDude »

As a general rule, Yamaha's HATE a weak battery. If you do not know or are unsure of the condition, just buy a new one. No joke.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

:wave: :popcorn :cursing :super-mad

boz
Veteran Poster

Post by boz »

On my 750 it really does not run well at all without the air box and filter on. It will run, just not very smoothly... I'd suggest putting the airbox and filter on and see what happens - takes 2 seconds to put on (no need to screw it down at this time) and see what effect it has.