My my my carona

Got something you want to say but don't know where else to say it? This is the spot to post it!
kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

My my my carona

Post by kiwi60 »

Thought I'd start a thread as we're all going through the same thing with this covid19.

Personally I'm taking my usual 'take the piss out of everything" view of it so here's a couple of laughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uDTs-9fq00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojrtwXqqc6g

On a more serious note, don't take this thing lightly in relation to it's ability to spread.
If you need help - ask for it, talk to your bank if finance is becoming or has become an issue and above all - be safe out there.

:thumbup:
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1040 race bike SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD
Now he's got a KAWASAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nope - Sold that one too

FZRDude
Co-Admin

Re: My my my carona

Post by FZRDude »

I'm with you Kiwi! My job got Covid-ed and I'm on self isolation until Saturday because I was around someone infected. So far I'm not showing any signs, but that doesn't mean I'm not a carrier.

Be careful, cautious, and courteous to others. We will survive (at least most of us.)

PS: 20sec min on had washing.
There are some who call me........Tim?
In Memory Of John "Silver" Douglas (Dec. 08, 2008) R.I.P. My Friend.

Being first is not always best, but being best is always first.

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

Let us know when you’re all clear Dude, thinking of you and your family.

New Zealand has been put into a 4 week isolation from tomorrow which effectively closes every non essential business, including our furniture showroom.

Personally my wife and I are ready for a rest and might even do a bit of decorating around the house, but money will be getting real tight real quick.

The whole country is in the same boat and the government is providing financial relief which we’ve already accessed so 2020 looks like a being ‘interesting’.

The national shut down is the right thing to do at the timings right if we’re going to beat corona19.

Unfortunately the liquor shops are not deemed essential business so I grabbed a couple of bottles of whiskey but at least the supermarkets sell beer and wine :thumbup:

Be safe everyone and take care.
“I venture not to cross that finish line in a neat, tidy well ordered bundle, but to slide across it sideways in a shower of spark’s, leaking oil, hissing steam shouting ..Geronimo !!!!! “

2005 SV996R SOLD
1988 FZR750/1000 - the next project CHANGING THE LOOK AGAIN, BUT STILL ON THE ROAD

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

It's just bloody chaos here. :crazy:

kiwi60
Help!!! I need a LIFE!!!

Post by kiwi60 »

It's just bloody chaos here. :crazy:
I've been watching the Australian Covid19 reaction on TV and I have to agree.

I'd say just stay at home and lock the hatches for as long as you can and if you need to head into town then common sense will get you through OK.

All the banks here are moving towards a mortgage holiday for up to 6 months which will ease a lot of stress for a lot of people, plus the government are setting up long term guaranteed business loans to make sure the country stays open for business after the crisis is over.

Personally it's just one day at a time and looking after each other.

Lyle is holed up on his own but I'm regular in regular phone contact with him.
He's still doing a bit of work from home but otherwise he's in the garage getting the motor together for the E.L. FZ750 bolted together and no doubt he'll get the whole project well and truly advanced of the next three weeks.

I spent an arvo making patterns for some new side covers the other day but on reflection I quite like the open look so I'll wait until I can get some black plastic corrugated conduit and I'll hide the wiring in that.

If I get bored there's always the CB125 motor to work on :)

Take care

2005 SV996R SOLD

spook
Dolphin-headed purple plasma TLR thing?

Post by spook »

Stan called me and joked that I've been a self isolationist for the last many years in the shed. Life hasn't changed for me very much, I've always got plenty to do, thought I am the sole carer of my 91 year old mum... And it's a job I take very seriously. I'll keep her safe and alive... You can be sure of that!